LightShow Pro 1.x (the new version)

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Alas the "next few weeks", and "Late Spring" have been, well, sprung :eek:

I hope to get 1.9 in the next month, otherwise I wont be using it at all as I will have to start the light sequencing, at least the basics, sooner than later.

keitha43

New elf
v2.0 is in beta testing right now. They have a video in their forum demonstrating it. I of course want it now but then again most people complained there wasn't enough beta testing on the older versions.

dmoore

Senior elf
lithgowlights said:
Alas the "next few weeks", and "Late Spring" have been, well, sprung :eek:

I hope to get 1.9 in the next month, otherwise I wont be using it at all as I will have to start the light sequencing, at least the basics, sooner than later.

If it is released now with any annoying issues that hamper your ability to sequence, it wouldn't be any better than releasing it later when those issues have been resolved. I can assure you that people are working hard on resolving issues to ensure that it's a good and functional product when you get it.

But, start sequencing now in whatever application you want - Vixen, LOR S2, AL. LightShow Pro can import them all.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
dmoore said:
But, start sequencing now in whatever application you want - Vixen, LOR S2, AL. LightShow Pro can import them all.

1.8 is supposed to be able to do that too, but it does not import properly. If you have 6 DMX controllers then it seems to, but a mix of remards, DMX and now e1.31 and the import seems to work, but the output does not. Same setup entered from scratch works fine.

The reason Vixen is so good and powerfull is because KC got smart and created it so other people could help do some of the work to make it better by sharing the required info to build plugins etc.

This is what LSP should be doing.

The best Xmas light software will be one which is created from the ground up with a good SDK to allow other to be creative.

dmoore

Senior elf
lithgowlights said:
1.8 is supposed to be able to do that too, but it does not import properly.

Can you send me your sequence from vixen and a discription of the problem. That's the way the problem gets solved.