little about me

slafountian

New elf
I am new here but not to my christmas addiction.
my current display is faily basic mostly just mini lights
10' home brew mega tree 16 legs 8 channels (currently soon to change)
rgb run along roof line controlled by micro controller diy ( 270 5mm rgb lights soldered together in an alternating pattern chasing) second hobby electronics
been avid in my display adding new items every year for the past 6 years now I am venturing into LOR for a better display.
I look forward to all the inforamation avaiable to me through ACL. already been through the 101 tutorial my number 1 reason for joining, now i see how much yall have to offer.
I anticipate a great display this year even if its only 32 channels gotta start somewhere
thanks Slafountian

Benslights

Dedicated elf
welcome%20to%20acl.jpg

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Welcome to ACL.

I predict your channel count will be 10 times that by the time Christmas comes!

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL

Joining these forums and entering the chat room can give you CLAP!!! :D
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem
However sounds like you already have it. :)

There is lots of info in the Wiki also. If you can't find what you're looking for just ask in chat or a post. Lots of friendly folks will be glad to help.

slafountian

New elf
Thanks
your optimistic of my future! but cost is a major factor this year and most years lol
every spare penny will go toward lights and controllers this year

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Welcome to ACL! You will find that with a little reading and asking a lot of questions, your cost for lights and controllers will come way down. There are a lot of great people to get you through any problems you encounter. I am an LOR user as well and found that I could make my budget go a lot farther with the help I've gotten from these people. HAVE FUN!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, I hope we can help you on your animated adventure. Feel free to ask any questions and come into the chat room. Depending on if you want to build your own boards or not will determine the amount of some of your costs

slafountian

New elf
Thanks again everyone

yes I do plan to assemble my controllers (LOR) and any other kits I can purchase rather than pre build. Don' have a lot of extra time but even less funds LOL :D