Little Gem Lights - 2014

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
I have got the bones of my sequences put down, I have Toy Sack COB's, Sleigh Ride, Jingle Bell Rock, Music Box Dancer, Everythings Gunna Be Alright and I'm Happy so far. I may add another couple we'll have to see how things go. I don't stress anymore about the sequences there'll be as many as I get finished and only go out if I'm happy with them.

I am using Vixen 3 and are very happy how it's going, the new Lipsync feature will be getting a hammering over the next couple of months to add the tracks into the songs.

I have decided to limit the colours in the shows to 2 or 3 apart from COB where I have filled my boots! I have put this up on Vimeo to show how the sweeps and chases look, for anyone that doesn't know me my shows are all about the Arch's so there's plenty of chases. The colour is even brighter on my screen.

https://vimeo.com/98007040

Kev

arw01

Full time elf
Kev, the first song on the video, would you have easy access to the name of the mp3, artist etc? I think I would like to put it into my rotation this year.

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
The song is Carol of the Bells by Pentatonic it can be found here

https://play.google.com/store/music/album?id=B3nnbaxj32kgpvmmiazrgykdiu4&tid=song-T4acedng5sjokpmcjk64ezpsodm

I only use about half of it, I edit most of mine with Audacity.

Kev

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Like a lot of others business/work commitments are slowing progress but I have managed to make a little more with cables finally started and a little more sequencing.

I have attached a couple of shots of the sequences and the size of the files, yah no super computer and mega drive needed!!

Kev

Attachments

• Vixen 3 sequence.JPG
    Vixen 3 sequence.JPG
    341.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Vixen 3 sequences.JPG
    Vixen 3 sequences.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 19

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Hi Guys & Gals,

It has been many days since my last post and time for a bit of an explanation; I had great plans for this year but in the end they came to naught :(

Our family bought a new business in July/August which has/is taking up a lot of our time. We made the tough decision late November to not do a display this year as the business has to be the top priority at this time. This wasn't made lightly as I had started to assemble the elements for the show.

I have been looking in a bit lately and see all the wonderful shows around, no matter how big or small well done all of you!!

I am now contemplating a mid winter display at our new venture which may be nice, we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, Merry Christmas (belated) and a Safe & Happy Near to you ALL.

Kev

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Merry Xmas to you too Kev, new venture sounds like fun!! shame you had to skip a year but sounds like you have your hands full !!! Mid-winter sounds like a great idea :)

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
I've popped in a few times and seen guys stressing over the slow progress and challenges with their shows, well guys you aren't the longest build!

I started my show early 2014 and I have finally got it running this year, it just goes to show perseverance pays off!!

Had to have a couple of years off but the lights are going pixels are pumping and the kids are smiling, thanks to all that have helped with their informative posts.

Good luck to all the stragglers, keep your chins up and Merry Christmas to you all.

It must be beer o'clock, chur

Kev