Long time reader, First time poster :p

mbl111

New elf
Hey guys from Sydney!

Been setting up basic Christmas lights for a few years now, and ever since I found this forum I've wanted to start getting a little more fancy. Unfortunately I remembered far too late to do anything too big, so my current plan is to run some BigW strings through a Hanson Electronics DMX36 powered by a 31V controller from Ray (Apparently this is a good voltage to run it at from what I've been reading). Hopefully it all goes well.

Anyway thats all from me for now, it feels good to be finally stepping out into the light.
Looking forward to the many adventures ahead,
Matt

scamper

Dedicated elf
Don't know whether to say welcome, or where did you come from?
Best way not to forget about xmas lights... as if many have that problem around here... Is set this forum as your home page :)
It has been the best thing for me, Facebook was getting addictive, now I have the CLAP instead :p

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Looks like all your reading is paying off.
If your have any quick questions you can pop into chat and just ask.

Eastwood16G

Full time elf
Welcome out of the closet. Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward a cure for C.L.A.P.

Not sure when you said 31V controller from Ray you meant PSU? I've got 24V wound up to 27V. Seems to power Big W strings very well. I guess 30V psu would be better.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Matt

First the disclaimer
Joining these forums and entering the chat room can give you CLAP!!! :D
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem
and this will also increase your memory about Christmas lights :D

If you haven't found it yet, however sounds like you did, the new revised 2nd addition AusChristmasLighting 101 manual is a great resource

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, as you have found out there is a wealth of information available to help you on your way and if you cant find the answers in the forum than the chat room can also be a great help.