Long time stalker first time poster

AVXmaslights

New elf
Hi All

Been stalking in the background for about a year now absorbing enough info. Finally deploying Pixels this season.

I've run into my first issue, so which forum would be best to discuss issues with pixels displaying incorrect colour when run in bridge mode from Xlights.
Pixels display correctly when in test mode from FPP.

I'll save the details for the correct forum.

Thanks in advance

franky_888

Full time elf
Howdy! Right here is a good enough place, then there is also ACL chat, the xlights Zoom Room, xlights support group on facebook, nutcracker123 forums among others.

When in test mode in FPP, when you do a Red / Blue / Green colour, do the pixel colours match the setting? do your props in xlights have their colour order set correctly to match the colour order of your pixels?

AVXmaslights

New elf
Howdy! Right here is a good enough place, then there is also ACL chat, the xlights Zoom Room, xlights support group on facebook, nutcracker123 forums among others.

When in test mode in FPP, when you do a Red / Blue / Green colour, do the pixel colours match the setting? do your props in xlights have their colour order set correctly to match the colour order of your pixels?

Hey Franky

Thanks for the reply.

So, I've been tinkering, I have 3 window frames all in series off a single channel of a pi hat from Hansons.
With power injection at the mid point so I'm not experiencing voltage issues.
Last 4 pixels on the centre window and the 3rd window display a different colour from the rest of the string.

In the FPP I have the pi pixel strings outputs set up to identify each window, tipple checked all channel start/finishes.
If i change the colour order on the output config for the 3rd window i can correct all but about 4 pixels.

Ive checked xLights and all 3 windows are set up identically, same colour order in xLights correct pixel counts and channels.

It's going to be something stupid when it's pointed out to me.

Cam

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I am thinking that you are passing 170 pixels somewhere where the colour change is and either xlights or fpp has 510 channel universe and the other has 512 channel.

AVXmaslights

New elf
I am thinking that you are passing 170 pixels somewhere where the colour change is and either xlights or fpp has 510 channel universe and the other has 512 channel.
I'll go check. It's not the end of the world if i don't resolve it this year. It will just drive my inner OCD mental.
Thx

AVXmaslights

New elf
Thanks Al, all resolved now. I followed a youtube tutorial and had 5 separate universes. Reconfigured with a single universe and all works perfectly.