Looking to Start.

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
Hey Everyone!

I've been browsing around the forums, Wiki and talking to some quite friendly people on the chat which has opened my eyes originally starting out to purchase AC controllers from LOR.

I currently want to get some gear just to get the feel and learn lightning controllers. I've been suggested a few boards that look promising but would currently not suit any pre-existing lights I currently have.

Currently I've had a friend offer me a Light-O-Rama CMB-24D for $120AUD which I believe is a good price. I also currently have over 100m of dumb LED tape that I have been given over the past years. To power I was just going to use a ATX power supply until I did enough research on getting a proper 12V PSU. I also have a small collection of DMX Lights including RGB Spots, Moving heads, Fog Machines, Lasers which I would like to also incorporate into a show one day.

My Main question would be what board would be suited for implementing everything I currently have so I can get programming with the stuff I have.

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
Just an Update on What I think I'll be doing for next year so I can sort out bugs and all that jazz when you are new to this stuff.

I will be running something like the following

PC / FPP PI -> Ethernet -> PixLite 4 Controller (For Future Pixel Tape) -> DMX Ethernet -> Light-O-Rama CMB-24D (for DUMB RGB TAPE) -> Moving Heads, Lasers, DMX RGB lights.

Just wanting some confirmation this will work as coming out of the PC / PI will be E1.31 and then will be converted by PixLite to E1.27 for LOR and Standard DMX lighting.

Thanks!

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.