LOR and mapping

deblen

Full time elf
Hi,

I am in the process of going over to Xlights 4 from LOR.

The process has been very time consuming, I have created 606 individual models.

Then have mapped each one through the mapping tool. I did not want to do it through the Data layer, as I want to be able to edit the LOR channels.

Now I want to convert my LOR Sequences.

Is there a quicker way to import the LOR, as the only way I can load the mapping, is to create a music sequence, select the MP3, then in the sequencer TAB, right click on new timing to select edit display elements, then add them, I have to select the 606 models, then I can add the mapping, I had created earlier.

As you can image, having to do this for every sequence

appreciate any suggestions.

Deblen

Gilrock

Full time elf
You should only need to do those steps once. When you create a sequence and add models using the Display Elements window don't add the models to the Master View which is the sequence file itself. Hit the button to create a new View and then add all the models to that View. Then when you create a new sequence just select the View in the drop-down on the sequencer grid and it will automatically add all the models in the View to the sequence (a.k.a. the Master View). For the Import Effects mapping make sure you hit the button to Save the mapping file that way you can just Load the saved mapping file when you need to import more sequences.

deblen

Full time elf
Hi Gil,

Thank you, makes it so much easier.

Deblen. :) :) :)