1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

LOR Channel Configuration

Discussion in 'LOR General Discussion' started by Ɠαяєтн, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Ɠαяєтн

Ɠαяєтн Mae gen i C.L.A.P ei heintus iawn

I am looking to see if anybody has had any experience in setting up or manipulating the channel configuration in S3. I have approx. 30K channels mostly RGB Pixels and would like to change them. Doing this manually is a chore. I have looked at MS XML editor, Notepad++ and even MS Excel VBA.

Perhaps somebody has already done this with a nice little application?

I might even look at writing this in VBA using Excel, seems the easiest choice. I have written a lot of VBA but never with LOR S3. Has anybody had any experience of doing this with the config files? Any Tips would be helpful.

2. AAH

AAH I love blinky lights :) Community Project Designer

Find Me On:
    I have manually edited a few dozen channels but there has been a few apps written over the years for playing around with the channel. 1 of these is Channel This is 1 of them which I think is discussed on a thread here somewhere.
    For a long time I've been wanting something like an excel based editor so that you can easily set channels, set colours, check for duplicated channels etc.

https://github.com/AzGilrock/ChannelThis

3. battle79

battle79 Full Time Elf

I don't use LOR, but isn't vegomatic exactly what your looking for as far as channel setup.

Known to be wrong. Just ask wife. LOL

Regards,
    Rowan

4. BundyRoy

BundyRoy Senior Elf

I figured vegomatic may help you as well but also figured you would know more than me and know about that already. I was setting up my channels the other night and found this video by Andy that helped me. I guess it won't help you Gareth but it may help others starting out.

Easier way to load RGB channels in LOR

A big thanks to Bob for taking the time to write the program and then making it publicly available. Also a big thanks to Andy for the video. It's saved me heaps of time.

5. BundyRoy

BundyRoy Senior Elf

I haven't checked yet but I gather from what you have said that the LOR Channel config files are text files?

6. OP
    OP
    Ɠαяєтн

Ɠαяєтн Mae gen i C.L.A.P ei heintus iawn

They are xml files, you can use xml notepad available from Microsoft (free)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=7973

or notepad++ to view them, also free.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]http://notepad-plus-plus.org/[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I really wouldn't recommend editing the files unless you are familiar with xml file structure. If you do make a back up first.[/font]