LOR CMB24D Issue In LSP?

maxtima4

New elf
Hello, I haven't been able to find anything about this issue but I use LSP v2.5 and some LOR controllers. I have regular LOR CTB16PC controllers and two CMB24D controllers.

The issue I have is LSP only seems to be able to control 16 of the 24 channels. The controller itself I confirmed is fine via LOR hardware checker.

Has anyone else experienced this and/or does anyone have a fix to utilize all of the channels?

Thanks for your time!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
When you have created the controller in LSP and used a standard LOR controller then it will be 16 channels, but all you need to do is change the controller setting in LSP to now be 24 channels as it may only be set to 16 channels

maxtima4

New elf
Thanks for the feedback. I have used your tutorials in setting up RGB controllers, adjusting the controller to be in the LOR dongle, 8 logical (24 physical) and it continues to only actively control 16 of the 24 physical channels.

It doesn't have anything to do with still being on LSP v2.5 does it?

kane

Dedicated elf
maxtima4 said:
Thanks for the feedback. I have used your tutorials in setting up RGB controllers, adjusting the controller to be in the LOR dongle, 8 logical (24 physical) and it continues to only actively control 16 of the 24 physical channels.

It doesn't have anything to do with still being on LSP v2.5 does it?

I wouldn't think being on v2.5 would make a difference. As far as LSP is concerned, an LOR controller is just another controller.

When you say actively control, is this in the sequencer or the scheduler? If the scheduler, then you'll need to make sure that you setup the scheduler settings to match (ie, changes need to be made twice).

Speaking of LSP, anyone heard from them? As I've gone super lazy and haven't changed my songs or sequences in a couple years, I'm not too worried, but they do seem to have gone very quiet!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Check that your license is active as LSP 2.5 will only output the first 16 channels when in demo mode

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Kane said:
Speaking of LSP, anyone heard from them? As I've gone super lazy and haven't changed my songs or sequences in a couple years, I'm not too worried, but they do seem to have gone very quiet!

There is still development going on with an active beta being tested, but after so many missed deadlines then im not holding my breath on when it will see the light of day

kane

Dedicated elf
Fasteddy said:
There is still development going on with an active beta being tested, but after so many missed deadlines then im not holding my breath on when it will see the light of day

One might suggest that they've missed the boat anyway..

maxtima4

New elf
Kane said:
[/size]When you say actively control, is this in the sequencer or the scheduler? If the scheduler, then you'll need to make sure that you setup the scheduler settings to match (ie, changes need to be made twice).

In the sequencer I wasn't able to get it to work. I worked around it for this year and just doubled up the first four channels. Not ideal. Its my fault for catching it too close to display time, I've just been so busy at work.

I think the license is fine too as I can run everything else just fine.

On that note, even though I don't mind LSP, looks like I will begin researching other systems, haha.

Any recommendations from anyone? Not a deal breaker in any way but any that take my current LSP sequences so I don't have to redo them all?

kane

Dedicated elf
maxtima4 said:

On that note, even though I don't mind LSP, looks like I will begin researching other systems, haha.

Any recommendations from anyone? Not a deal breaker in any way but any that take my current LSP sequences so I don't have to redo them all?

The general consensus seems to be that Xlights is the way to go - free, very active development by the base xlights team as well as Sean with the nutcracker side of things.

I believe there is a way to get LSP sequences into xlights - but haven't used xlights myself yet so can't comment.. Might have to give it a go when I get some spare time.

The silly thing about LSP's rewrite is that they have said that it won't be backwards compatible - no option to import older sequences.. Which to me is pure stupidity to not offer a way for their existing and loyal customers to retain work that they've put so much effort into.