LOR Madrix demo video using pixel control

neilric99

Full time elf
I have 10 of Brad's snowtubes that I will suspending from the front and over the top of the megatree and to the back of my 42 ft boat and will be using LightShowPro to control Madrix in exactly the same way. I think I may need some more tubes though, but I havent seen what its really going to look like until I do a trial install.

aussiexmas said:
Just stumbled across this video and thought others may be interested in this demo using "SnowVision" tubes controlled by a LOR/Madrix combination:
SnowVison - Wizards In Winter Demo
Enjoy - (even though it is WIW)

Regards Geoff

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The effect generator in madrix is truely awsome its just a shame its such a steep price in ownership for it. I would love to see a cheaper version of madrix come out with a lot of the bells and whistles removed so a lot more people could take advantage of the effects generation in madrix. But i doubt that will ever happen as madrix main target is definetly not our hobby.
But its a nice way to achieve both great pixel control by using madrix to control the pixel elements and its also great to be able to use LOR, vixen or LSP using 1 channel to then activate the different effects for madrix and to sequence the other non pixel based elements.

neilric99

Full time elf
This is how Brad of www.computerizedlighting.com did it.

First I created 32 patterns in MADRIX that included solid colors, color wipes and various EQ effects and assigned them to effects bins in MADRIX. These effects bins each have a DMX value assigned to it. Many of the effects are created live to the music.

In LOR S2 I created a DMX channel (E0 for the iDMX) and in that track I simply placed the DMX vale (in MADRIX) for the effect I wanted at the times I wanted.

Total time to create this song was about 4 hours. That included building all of the effects and sequencing it in LOR S2.

To add to this Madrix can be driven by different dmx-in profiles or even a e1.31 universe can ve assigned, e.g this one uses 12 dmx channels

DMX Channel[/q] Value Function
1 0 – 240 Storage A Place 1 – 60 (in steps of 4)
2 0 – 240 Storage B Place 1 – 60 (in steps of 4)
3 0 – 63 XF – Cross-fade
64 – 127 WF – White-fade
128 – 191 BF – Black-fade
192 – 255 CF – Color-fade
4 0 – 255 Fade Value (Position of the Fade Slider)
5 0 – 255 Fade Time in seconds
6 0 – 255 Fade Time in 1/100 seconds
7 0/255 Auto Fade
8 0 – 255 CF Fade Color R
9 0 – 255 CF Fade Color G
10 0 – 255 CF Fade Color B
11 0 – 255 CF Fade Color W
12 0 - 255 Set up the Master Fader

In fact you can assign from 1 to 140 channels to the inpout control and that gives you finer control of the madrix features

see http://help.madrix.com/ for more detail help

neil said:
I have 10 of Brad's snowtubes that I will suspending from the front and over the top of the megatree and to the back of my 42 ft boat and will be using LightShowPro to control Madrix in exactly the same way. I think I may need some more tubes though, but I havent seen what its really going to look like until I do a trial install.

aussiexmas said:
Just stumbled across this video and thought others may be interested in this demo using "SnowVision" tubes controlled by a LOR/Madrix combination:
SnowVison - Wizards In Winter Demo
Enjoy - (even though it is WIW)

Regards Geoff

seymourlights

New elf
Fasteddy said:
The effect generator in madrix is truely awsome its just a shame its such a steep price in ownership for it. I would love to see a cheaper version of madrix come out with a lot of the bells and whistles removed so a lot more people could take advantage of the effects generation in madrix. But i doubt that will ever happen as madrix main target is definetly not our hobby.

I had a chance to play with it hands on at an event last weekend. It really is a magnificent piece of software, but around $1300 for the key I would need. Plus, to use it with LOR it goes like this LOR - idmx - dongle1 - madrix - dongle2 - pixels, etc. So you have to run 3 dmx dongles to make it work counting the idmx..

I happened upon some controllers that have a pretty basic software called LedEdit that will let you do similar effects, then store them on an SD card and call them via dmx in.. so no extra dmx dongles.. I posted a thread about it here. You can download the software free from the link in my post and check it out.

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,1081.msg8975.html#msg8975

neilric99

Full time elf
I have heard rumours that LOR S3 will support E1.31 which will greatly simplify your DMX outputs and Madrix even supports ACN(E1.31) input Universes for remote control which could come from your sequencing software.

seymourlights said:
Fasteddy said:

I had a chance to play with it hands on at an event last weekend. It really is a magnificent piece of software, but around $1300 for the key I would need. Plus, to use it with LOR it goes like this LOR - idmx - dongle1 - madrix - dongle2 - pixels, etc. So you have to run 3 dmx dongles to make it work counting the idmx..

I happened upon some controllers that have a pretty basic software called LedEdit that will let you do similar effects, then store them on an SD card and call them via dmx in.. so no extra dmx dongles.. I posted a thread about it here. You can download the software free from the link in my post and check it out.

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,1081.msg8975.html#msg8975

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
neil said:
I have heard rumours that LOR S3 will support E1.31 which will greatly simplify your DMX outputs and Madrix even supports ACN(E1.31) input Universes for remote control which could come from your sequencing software.

seymourlights said:
Fasteddy said:

The rumours and yes at the moment thats what they all are is that E1.31 wont be in the initial release of S3 but will come later at an extra cost, but thats just one of the many things i have heard

seymourlights

New elf
Fasteddy said:
The rumours and yes at the moment thats what they all are is that E1.31 wont be in the initial release of S3 but will come later at an extra cost, but thats just one of the many things i have heard

Yes, I don't expect it this year. Plus I really don't want to go with something requiring an application on the computer, I would rather have some sort of solid state controller that used removable media to store the sequences, then called those via dmx.