LOR S2 interfaced to MADRIX

Ɠαяєтн

Mae gen i C.L.A.P ei heintus iawn
Has anybody had any experience in interfacing LOR to sequence MADRIX. The set up I have is a pc running S2 via a USB 485b to an iDMX1000, then to a Enttec USB pro to another pc running MADRIX. The problem I am experiencing is that although MADRIX responds to the DMX512 commands, there is a delay of approx 4 seconds.

Ɠαяєтн

Thanks for the thought Neil. I checked and it is set at 1 second, reduced this to zero without much difference. However this time i didn't use the hardware utility but a simple sequence on channel 1, to step up by 4 DMX valves every 2 seconds. i.e. starts at 0, then 4, 8,12,16,29....etc. This way I could test each cue in storage area A. But still the same results....LOR sequence gets to DMX valve of 12 on channel 1 before MADRIX changes to A2. Could this possibly be that I am running MADRIX in demo mode, so the delay is due to the USB key being checked?

neilric99

Full time elf
without me first checking, what is the resolution of the dmx values that are set in the profile that you are using to control the cuelist, a step of 4 seems pretty high res for dmx.

Which dmx protocol do you have assigned to the input

neilric99

Full time elf
I have done some testing tonight with E1.31 DMX from LSP v2 controlling Madrix vis an ACN input using small remote type
I set 2 second ramp up in dmx values using 4 spacing and was able to see in the input watcher the dmx values changing in the correct timing

Ɠαяєтн

I am using small input protocol. I set the LOR channel 1 to an initial value of 0, then step the DMX intensity directly to 4, then 8 and so on. I do not ramp the intensities, should I? Does your test function correctly without the MADRIX key installed?

neilric99

Full time elf
when I say ramp I meant setting the values to a different value every 2 seconds to selct a different storage place, I am only changing channel 1 for this so storage place A
In my tests I did not have the key plugged in and from my understanding the Madrix demo does not limit the product except for turning off the output every minute for 10 seconds.
So we still cannot rule out your setup of using the iDMX ourput and enttec input devices.

I remember Brad Boyink of computerizedlighting did some demos of LOR S2 and Madrix and he was using the same sort of setup and he did not mention any issues, you may want to reach out to him.

Ɠαяєтн

I have already contacted Brad and also Dan from LOR. Neither of them have experienced this problem. Brad suggested reloading the Enttec drivers, I have already done this by swapping to another PC. Dan said that the throughput of iDMX1000 is not delayed in any way, timing should be as DMX standard 1/40th Second. Not sure where I go from here, may contact MADRIX for there support.

Thank you for your input, it is very much appreciated. Will post the solution when I find it. :)