LOR sequencing and E1.31

yzguy96

Full time elf
Hi,

I just got my PC up and running with LOR and bought an Ecg-P2...i also have 2 LOR controllers for additional 32 channels of reg strings. I also have some LED from Ray Wu on its way so I'd like to start sequencing ASAP but what is my best approach? I started to import a picture of my front house into the animation module of the sequencer and that seems like a good approach for me so I can see visually what Im doing. I plan on viewing the E1.31 tutorials again so i can set that up in LOR...is it best for me to buy a pre-made sequence that i can edit so I can have something up and running?

ShellNZ

Senior elf
It really depends on how much time you can put into it before lights up. If you arent looking at turning lights on till say 1st December then you have 6wks of time to sequence which is enough time depending on work/family commitments.

If you dont think you have enough time then it might be best to purchase one or two sequences, alter them, then try and create one from scratch :)

I took a pic of the front of my house, turned the pic B & W in photoshop and took out a couple of things e.g car that was parked there. Then worked on that, its great. Putting E1.31 in LOR sequencer is pretty easy, its just DMX channels.

Thats just my 2c

yzguy96

Full time elf
ok thanks..i figured i would try and sequence at least one song but i still have to work out my LEDs when they get shipped this week and look into FM Transmitters...lots to do and experiment with before dec.