LOR Show Lag

RevRob

New elf
Hello All,
I am using LOR s4 I am up to about 5000 rgb channels this year with the addition of the new mega tree. My show is running fine with the exception of on several songs there is 2 to 4 min in between the songs and it is driving me crazy. I saw in the show editor in lor it has a place to click load songs before they are played or load as they are played. As of now it is on load as they are needed. I changed it to load all before they are played and sat there for over 5 min and the show never started. Any ideas on what could be causing this.

I have also been getting an error message when trying to paste the mega tree in lor from xlights. It is cannot allocate memory for copying event table. Has anyone ever heard of this error....

nato595

Let's do this!
Are you saying there is lag time between sequences when the entire compiled show is playing?
How many sequences do you have within the show, and how large are your audio files (MP3 or WAV?)

indyeast83

New elf
I've noticed this as well on some of my songs never had any issues before but I did upgrade to 4.2.10 earlier. It's not consistent either sometimes it will load normally other times it wont. I noticed in 4.2.12 whats new they have a bug fix for sequences loading the 2nd time in a show. I'm going to try upgrading to 4.2.12

RevRob

New elf
nato595 said:
Are you saying there is lag time between sequences when the entire compiled show is playing?
How many sequences do you have within the show, and how large are your audio files (MP3 or WAV?)

Yes it happens once I start my show. I build the show in the show editor and then set a schedule. I am running 11 sequences and I am using mp3 files that range from 2 to 4 mb. I changed the setting in the show editor to load all sequences before the show starts and this seemed to help but there is still a noticeable amount of time in between songs.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
If you open the status page up the is displayed by left clicking on the LOR control panel icon is there anything relevant being displayed like an error message. It may be banging it's head against something between sequences.
Also what are the specs of your computer. If it's a low spec computer or has a low amount of ram then performance can suffer. Using "compressed sequences" is meant to reduce the size of the files and thereby make things happen faster too.

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
Couple things to try

1. compress all your sequences, you can do this with the Sequence compressor or edit the sequence and then save the Sequence as compressed.

2. use the Sequence verifier to make sure you have no issues with the sequence

3. Check your Free Ram, you may need to do a reboot to free up ram that is locked up.

-Blu

bbayjohn

Senior elf
A couple of years ago I had the same problem. Shortly after the computer stopped working. Ram could be the issue. Be sure and back up all your files. As Blu says Compressing the sequences may help a little and verifying you show as well may help also.