LOR unit shuts down the entire network

BoonDogs

I am self diagnosed with CLAP
Hi all,

I have this issue with both my LOR boards.

I have made a crossover cable, and connect one of the boards on channel 17 to output 2 on the PixLite 16. There is another dumb controller on that universe, which works completely fine, until I connect it to the LOR unit. I cannot control is via the serial output, however I can using the USB dongle from LOR.

Any idea why the unit shuts down the entire universe?

ltay13

Full time elf
Community project designer
The LOR unit might have a different DMX pinout to your other DMX controller on that line.

How are you connecting them to the PixLite DMX outputs? Using RJ45s or with your own wiring through screw terminal?

BoonDogs

L_Tay said:
The LOR unit might have a different DMX pinout to your other DMX controller on that line.

How are you connecting them to the PixLite DMX outputs? Using RJ45s or with your own wiring through screw terminal?

I'm using RJ45s, but I've crimped a crossover cable to convert the pinouts from 4&5 to 1&2

BoonDogs

Could it have something to do with the speed of the network (baud rate) and is there any way to adjust that?

ltay13

Full time elf
Community project designer
The speed for DMX is set by the standard and can't be changed. It is possible the LOR board won't be responsive correctly until you also set it to be running in DMX mode instead of LOR protocol. However - it sounds like you have more of a hardware problem going on here if connecting it stops other controllers from working.

I would be double checking the wiring. For instance did you connect the crossover cable the correct way around? Pins 1+2 should be on the output of your other Dumb RGB controller, pins 4+5 should be on the LOR controller input.

Perhaps you could attach some pictures of your wiring and controllers if you can't see anything wrong.