LOR Visualizer problems loading one RGB bulb at a time to build an arch

DanJ

Full time elf
I have tried several different methods of building RGB arches in LOR Visualizer, including trying to use the arch wizard, trying to use the CCR arch wizard and cutting/pasting my non-CCR cells into them, then finally trying to manually build an arch with the "draw single bulbs" wizard. The "draw single bulbs" worked really great until I got up to bulb #15 or so, then it just stopped working correctly. Up to that point, using the drop downs to assign the individiual fixtures' properties was working great, but then it just stopped working--it's like it no longer understood I was trying to assign RGB channels. I can still type in everything manually (name, universe, channel # within the universe, etc), but that is really really time consuming. I even tried to use some "outside of LOR" files but I couldn't really figure out how to pull them over into LOR at all.

Any help anyone can provide would be GREATLY appreciated!! I was really hoping to use LOR VIZ when initially sequencing four arches I will be installing this year, but it is not looking good for the home team!!!

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Hi Dan

I used a prop file thats 22px long, heres a link to it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fywth78lhdeabm/22pix.lpf

In Visualizer just click on the "Insert prop from file", find where you have saved the above .lpf file. It will insert the 22px line. You will then need to rearrange the "dots" to make an arch. You then need to assign the RGB channels to it.

Before I muck around in Vis I make sure I "Load LOR Channel Reference", which is my saved .lcc file.

So when I click on the 22px Prop (on Props tab, not Fixtures tab), I then go into Wizard and run the Channel Wizard. When you come to the dropdown box your prop from your sequencer will be there.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
What size arch are you planning on doing Dan? I have props for a 30 pixel and a 150 pixel arch.

DanJ

Full time elf
Ok I figured it out. I must have done "something" when I was loading in bulbs. I asked LOR help desk for help and they requested me to send them the SE file I was using as reference for the visualizer. Then I realized maybe the references weren't loaded in visualizer. That was the problem. So if someone else runs across this problem, that just might be your problem!! Now I am back furiously building my arches one bulb at a time. Tedious but effective. thanks for your inputs.