Lost in the fpp setup

ranga384

New elf
After endless videos, manuals and threads, I'm still stumped. I have a HE123 mk2 and BBG. I've gotten passed the initial setup of v7.5 fpp and then it gets me. Only the USB connection will work via the ip login, get the message FPPD Daemon is not working from abnormal conditions, and can't access fpp.local at all. Not sure what I'm doing wrong and need some help to get back on track.

Grozzy

Oh great, the idiot's back
Post some pictures and describe how you are powering the he123. Is there anything on the LCD screen, are you using a wifi dongle and or ethernet connection. Is your ethernet connected to a router and getting an automatically assigned IP address (DHCP) or you have assigned one. Does it match your subnet/gateway/PC.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The user manual is WAY out of date.
These days you can usually skip plugging in to the usb at any stage providing that you connect the beagle to a router than can assign an IP address via DHCP.
After plugging into a router and then powering up the oled display should say fpp is starting and has then started and eventually after a minute or so it will show the IP address that the router assigned. You can either use that address in your browser or use http://fpp.local to get to FPP. After you get into FPP you may as well set the IP to static and use the address that the router assigned.

ranga384

New elf
Thankyou for the help. Haven't had time to play around until today. Don't know why I didn't think of just connecting to the router before. Just kept trying to connect using the computer. IP showed up straight away. *facepalm*. With that hurdle done, I'll keep chipping away at the project.

Reactions: AAH