LSP and Mega Tree questions

burner

Full time elf
I finally got all my gear from Ray Wu and have been soldering/heat shrinking like made this past week. I had to pack it all up from the hallway to due my daughters birthday party yesterday. This morning I finished all the manual labour and started in LSP.

So far, I created a controller for each strand and the output works as expected. The tree specs are as follows:
33 pixels per strand of pixel strip (99 LED's)
5 strands per universe on the J1sys
20 strips all up.

They are wired in a up->down->up->down->up pattern, then the start of the next 5 are opposite (I made the mistake of leaving an odd number and starting from the same end, so bunch 2 and 4 where ass-about).

Questions:
In LSP I built a matrix and plotted my tree on the house and selected the correct pattern formation, however there was nowhere to state that it's only 180 degrees. Should this matter, or am I better off making 20 more fake strings in LSP to fool it into thinking it has 40 strings and is 360 degrees? Will this have an effect on my effects?
In LSP I want to use the shifter macro to push an image down the tree, but no matter what I do, it loops that picture for the duration of the effect. I only want it to work once. Any idea's?
In LSP roto macro effect, I can't have the image just rotate where it is, it keeps wanting to zoom in/out and/or distort the rotation from a central spot. Anyone have any idea on this? I want to basically run a spiral circle of colours.
Just going to create a youtube account in a minute and will upload a small file of what I have achieved today in LSP for some feedback. WIll post back shortly.

I will be packing the setup up tomorrow evening and just using the visualizer till November. Spewing I didn't build a 3rd underground level when we built, would've make an excellent workshop.

Boof63

Senior elf
no help re LSP. but it looks good to start with, Best of luck with it.
Cheers Boof63 :D :D

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
burner said:
Questions:
In LSP I built a matrix and plotted my tree on the house and selected the correct pattern formation, however there was nowhere to state that it's only 180 degrees. Should this matter, or am I better off making 20 more fake strings in LSP to fool it into thinking it has 40 strings and is 360 degrees? Will this have an effect on my effects? This is a feature that will be in the next release, but the way i did my tree was just to draw it as a matrix and as my video of my display shows, this method worked great.
In LSP I want to use the shifter macro to push an image down the tree, but no matter what I do, it loops that picture for the duration of the effect. I only want it to work once. Any idea's? Cant you just slow down the speed in the macro to suit what you need
In LSP roto macro effect, I can't have the image just rotate where it is, it keeps wanting to zoom in/out and/or distort the rotation from a central spot. Anyone have any idea on this? I want to basically run a spiral circle of colours. yes this is correct and just wont do rotating on its own
Just going to create a youtube account in a minute and will upload a small file of what I have achieved today in LSP for some feedback. WIll post back shortly.

I will be packing the setup up tomorrow evening and just using the visualizer till November. Spewing I didn't build a 3rd underground level when we built, would've make an excellent workshop. Do what I did and just take over the back yard with it

Comments above in red

My spiral image was untested, so i wasnt sure how that would turn out, looks like it may need some fine tuning. But looks like you have made a great start.

burner

Full time elf
Thanks for that. I did look at building a bunker in the backyard at one stage. That would be the best idea, but not sure if I can be bothered manually digging it out with a shovel (due to limited machinery access) especially with the volcanic rock (read boulders the side of a person) under my block.

I can slow down the speed of the image, but the 2nd loop starts before the 1st one finishes. I do have an idea for a fix though, I might just pad the bottom of the image more so that it's longer, then adjust the time to stop it exactly in the right place. It's a bit of stuffing around for a simple coding solution to fix it though.

burner

Full time elf
My block has a 1m drop in the backyard, where I have put a ramp in 1 section. On the upper section, I have a clear 8-10m * 2.5m wide section. My plan was to dig this to a depth of 2.4m and put a 150mm slab at the base and walls, with steps leading out to the ramp area and angled swing doors, then prop up the marine grade plywood for the roof and poor the concrete about 150mm under ground level. After that I would be putting soil on top and grass, so it's basically hidden. I figure about 1 year of digging is required. Trouble for me is where to put all the soil I take out.

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
burner said:
I figure about 1 year of digging is required. Trouble for me is where to put all the soil I take out.

As you've got the whole year you could do it "great escape" style..........
Fill both ya pockets and go for a walk around the block, repeat........, repeat..........., repeat.........
I'm sure no one will notice ;)