LSP continually crashes

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
remoteutah said:
Oh those poor wasted electrons. Please send me your used or slightly worn electrons for recycling. Eddy, why won't my solar powered led lights work at night?

because the battery is dead :eek:

Robert

Apprentice elf
remoteutah said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
remoteutah said:
Oh those poor wasted electrons. Please send me your used or slightly worn electrons for recycling. Eddy, why won't my solar powered led lights work at night?

They use batteries?! ???

Lots of solar powered items are run by 12 volt DC :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
remoteutah said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
remoteutah said:

They use batteries?! ???

you may have the type that has the little mouse in it that runs a little mini generator, if you havent fed him in a while then he may be dead ;) :D

But if your serious then cut off the controller and power supply/cells and connect direct to a DC controller , just check the voltage that they are running on and then wire them as shown in example 2 in this wiki link under multiple voltages using the appropriatly rated power supply

NeilKellie

Be gentle we're only little!!!
Ok so I want to say thanks again Eddy!!!
I reduced my large macro transitions from 12 & 13f/s down to 10f/s and increased the effect speed and got me the same visual outcome on the lighting display and it fixed my crashing issue!!
I still have a couple of marcos that are at 30f/s but they are only 1.8secs long. the large macros I reduced from 12 to 10 were up to 15secs in length.
All happy here and still learning little tricks with the program but overall very happy with LSP and even the wife thinks my completed full first song is pretty cool!!

Neil

remoteutah

Full time elf
Ok, sorry... the Solar led thing was a joke. Didn't think it would go that far. I know they have batteries... my point was they did not run at night.. solar. Then I realized that maybe the sun does shine at night in Australia... oh wait, there I go joking again. I don't want people to think that I really believe that. Sorry - too little sleep, too many projects.

NeilKellie said:
I reduced my large macro transitions from 12 & 13f/s down to 10f/s and increased the effect speed and got me the same visual outcome on the lighting display and it fixed my crashing issue!!
I still have a couple of marcos that are at 30f/s but they are only 1.8secs long. the large macros I reduced from 12 to 10 were up to 15secs in length.
All happy here and still learning little tricks with the program but overall very happy with LSP and even the wife thinks my completed full first song is pretty cool!!

Neil
I am a happy camper too. I voiced concern a couple of weeks ago (was running old version), but that is no longer the case.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
remoteutah said:
Ok, sorry... the Solar led thing was a joke. Didn't think it would go that far. I know they have batteries... my point was they did not run at night.. solar. Then I realized that maybe the sun does shine at night in Australia... oh wait, there I go joking again. I don't want people to think that I really believe that. Sorry - too little sleep, too many projects.

NeilKellie said:

Neil
I am a happy camper too. I voiced concern a couple of weeks ago (was running old version), but that is no longer the case.

I thought it was a joke, hence the mouse joke, but I have to cover bases as i dont want to offend as with text its sometimes hard to see if things are said in jest or not. But you never know someone may have actually got something from it :D

Anyway guys im glad you were able to get past the initial humps using LSP, but once you start to understand its power and how easy it is to apply advanced effects mapped onto your house, its hard to look back. I look forward to seeing what you guys can achieve this year. 8)

remoteutah

Full time elf
You know Eddy, I can totally understand that. But rest assured, I am not thin-skinned.

And thanks for the vote of confiedence. Any you are right. Just like any software, there is that learning curve (some steeper than others) and then the moment of enlightenment... followed by the "oh crap now I am dangerous" stage until you blow something up to make you humble again. 8)

Just so you know, I am in stage 3, and just up'd my homeowner's insurance policy!