LSP issue

NeilKellie

Be gentle we're only little!!!
Has anybody else had the issue with LSP where you spend hours putting your timing marks and a heap of sequencing (saving as you go along) and then saving before you close LSP down, only to find the next time you come to open your sequence it won't open and LSP just tells you there is an issue with the file and it won't load!! :mad: :'(
I was very disappointed but mind you as I am only just learning, doing the timing marks the scond time round only took me half the time as I found a few short cuts along the way last time. :)

Neil

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Yes i have had this happen and that is why i now save it under 2 file names and go between the 2

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
There is a file called BAK that is a backup of your sequence that is generated when you do a save that is in tyhe same folder with the same name. All that is required is to change the file extension from BAK to MSQ and LSP will open this up.

NeilKellie

Thanks heaps for the help again Eddy!! I didn't carry this manouver out I just redid the sequence again and put it down to forced practice!! :)
Neil

z_special

Full time elf
Neil this has happend to me as well and I tried saving between two files, but now I do a save as and increment by one. FOr example I am working on joe 3 I save it as joe4 the I reopen it so that there is 2 copies in play in LSPboth now labelled Joe 4 before i close the program. If for some reason Joe 4 did not save right it will not open properly and then you know right away there is a problem
But you will wind up with like 15 different Joe copies

NeilKellie

Sounds like a good plan!!!
I have started saving my songs after I have timed them as "the song name - timed" and I am still working on my first song at the moment but am half way throught so I might do as you suggested and "save as" it where it is as number 2 just in case we have another issue I don't have to start over once again.
Cheers
Neil