LSP issues and crashing

Porsche

Full time elf
Hi guys, I seem to keep having this issue.
Luckily not as regular as I used to.

I'm working along sequencing and the visualiser starts flickering rapidly so I stop. save the sequence and then lose all the data I put in since the last back up. I can go in and rename the BAK file to MSQ and it takes me back to where that save last happened. the obvious answer would be to hit save every few secs so I don't keep losing my seq.
Ive downloaded the latest version of LSP and even using a new laptop 64bit, i7, 2.5GHz, 8GB ram.
So its processing the seq's really well, but for some reason I keep losing data.

has anyone else had these issues or may know why?
I also should mention im storing all my seqs, songs etc in Dropbox. But I wouldn't have thought that would be an issue as I believe dropbox stores the folders back on your drive?

any ideas of what I can do to prevent this?
Ive attached a screen shot of when the seq goes funny. this visualiser does that as shown attached.
the only other idea I had was to work out how I could change the settings of LSP to automatically do a BAK folder every 30sec or so?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The screenshot shows 1 problem that I can see. You said that you've downloaded the latest version but the screenshot shows ver 2.5. Ver 2.8 is currently the latest and is meant to fix many of the problems that exist in 2.5.

Porsche

Full time elf
Hi guys. I just saw that there is the 2.8 version. so i'll update that now.
I'll turn off those as you suggested Shell

Thank u