LSP issues

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
So far I have been trying out LSP and am slowly getting the hang of it. For the most part it works great.

however, I have noted several issues

1. LSP seems to be hogging a lot of memory. This is more noticeable with imported sequences from LOR. LSP starts using about 3 gig and slowly increases to using all my memory and causes the sequencer to go into 4 minute wait periods every couple of minutes. If I start with a fresh sequence the problem is not there yet, but I am worried that as the sequence gets configured and completed, I will have the same issue. This has occurred with several imported sequences.

2. In one universe I have (5x) LOR 16 channel controllers and (2x) 27 channel DC controllers for dumb RGB's (9 channels). when I import the controllers with a sequence. LSP does not allow me to recreate the RGB channels the 27 channel controllers have. I may need to put the 27 channel controllers on their own universe, but had problems running them through a E1.31 DMX bridge. In LOR this is not an issue.

Eddy has been a great help in showing me a few things and his help is greatly appreciated.

-Blu

arw01

Full time elf
Odd with the low counts that LSP is getting it's feet all crossed up.

So we are talking less than 512 total channels here?

I would create a new sequence with the same song and no timing marks. Add the controllers from scratch to this sequence. Save this "blank" sequence.

Then open up a copy of it, open the "problem" sequence and copy the channels over a few at a time. Then save that "new" sequence and see if I had the same issue, but I suspect you will be good. Take a few minutes, I'm thinking 5 to 10 as you play with the paste options (probably use clipboard timing marks).

Report back as to your progress.

Alan