LSP RGB pixel matrix config, pixel addresses

mborg10

Michael Borg
I plan on making a mega tree with 36 50 pixel RGB strings controlled by a p12r/s.
I want to join 3 strands together to make a 150 long pixel string with power injection so with 12 outputs I can control the 36 strings.

As per the attached image I plan to go up down and up the tree, but the flow of the data thru the strings doesn't match the pixel image in LSP

My question is can you adjust the pixel address of individual pixels on a matrix display with LSP.

I hope Im explaining it right. If I send data thru string 1 the pixel on my bottom Right of my matrix in LSP will be pixel 1A then heading up 2A, 2B etc. The pixel directly to the left of 1A in the matrix needs to be addressed 100B then heading up 99B, 98B, 97B etc

Oh and can you actually make a matrix that big in LSP

Attachments

• RGB PIXEL.pdf
    9.6 KB · Views: 32

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
HI,
Based on your diagram I've calculated that your tree is 1800 pixels making the channel count 5400.

Using the Drawing tool for the mega tree apply the following settings.
Channels per String =50
Number of strings =36
Pixel channel pattern = Pattern B
Index Rotation = Clockwise

This will draw your tree as per your diagram and create a Automatic Matrix for it.

I would also review your power injection. In my experience using 5v 2801 pixels I found to get close to having enough power I had to inject power at the start and end of every 50.
Test,Test,Test.

php4wNmZ6PM.jpg

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The way that Steve (superman) shows is the best method and will automatically create a matrix for you based on the data you put in. You can manually allocate channels in a matrix but that can be a slow time consuming job compared to using the wizard

mborg10

Michael Borg
Ok that sounds good guys on the programming side. I'm happy with that. As far as power injection goes I was hoping to just inject power at the base of the tree rather than at the top. If I was to use 12v strings would that help and allow me to do my current layout.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
12vdc strings will definetly help here. I use 12vdc strip on my tree and I only supply power at the bottom of then tree, so the second strip is back fed and this worked well.

If you wanted to stick with 5vdc then you could still possibly get away with just back feeding the second string, but i would ensure that you minimise any voltage loss between the power supply, controller and the lights to ensure you dont get any pinking of the lights up the top of the tree when showing white.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
You can only put power at the bottom of the tree for 5v, However don't think about using any colours close to white. it will just be pink.

Single colors work fine.