LSP Sale to celebrate organisational changes. ON SALE NOW

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
There was a release from Dean overnight regarding some organisational changes and to celebrate this LSP professional version is being offered for the price of the advanced version with a saving of $150, read below for more information

Here is Deans post taken from http://lightshowpro.com/quality-control-committee-announcements/4546-lightshowpro-organizational-updates.html

Minleon is pleased to inform the LSP community of the following organizational updates.

Software Development
Minleon firmly believes the success of LSP in becoming the industry’s leading RGB software is contingent upon our ability to execute our commitment of maintaining and enhancing LSP software on a long-term perpetual basis. As you may be aware, to accomplish this, in coordination with the LSP Quality Control Committee (QCC), Minleon has established a software development/ programming team to steer us in this direction.

To secure and fortify our intended position, Minleon is pleased to announce our recent offer to Ryan and Jeff, members of our development/programming team, a partnership interest in LSP through our newly formed LLC, LightShow Studios. In return, Ryan and Jeff would commit on a long-term perpetual basis to manage our LSP’s software development efforts. Ryan and Jeff have accepted our offer.

Although the first tasks of LightShow Studios is to maintain current functionality while continuing to re-write our sequencer module, additional enhancements will be following, assuring LSP users of continued leading edge RGB lightshow technology. As your time allows, please welcome Ryan and Jeff as partners in LightShow Studios, LLC, which along with Minleon, owns and operates LSP.

Operational Update
The retirement of Mike (Mulvenna) from LSP, has left a void in our user-support area. To immediately address this void, Minleon has re-structured the job duties of one of its employees, Reggie Stiteler. In addition to other LSP duties, Reggie will serve as the LSP ‘traffic cop’ in terms of assuring all unresolved LSP issues surfacing in the LSP forums (and as they become known elsewhere) are identified and forwarded to the proper LSP designee for timely resolution, monitoring each issue through its life-cycle. Then as the issue dictates, documenting the event on our website for future reference. In addition to contacting Reggie via our forums, he can be reached at minleonusa2@live.com. As your time allows, please welcome Reggie to our LSP operation.

Product Promotion
With these updates, LSP would like to celebrate by offering a special sales promotion. Specifically, throughout the month of July, we are pleased to offer our LSP professional edition for the price of our advanced edition. Our purchase procedure will be simple, as one desires to purchase our promotional product, merely purchase the advanced edition on our website, and we will automatically forward a professional license key.

AussieDoug

Full time elf
It's great to see an offer like this available for a month, it will give people a bit of time to save & reap the reward of the higher license.

mborg10

Michael Borg
I took advantage of a similar sale at the Sydney mini last year. This means I could get the professional copy and never have to worry about pixel counts for my display.

Baf05

Full time elf
Would be nice if they would reward those who already have the advance addition....

I would like to upgrade, but wonder if I should just wait until the new release next year....

kane

Dedicated elf
Baf05 said:
Would be nice if they would reward those who already have the advance addition....

It's always hard with these sorts of promotions - they're a business, so obviously need money coming in to pay the bills, so promotions like these help do that.. But obviously they don't want to annoy existing customers..

arw01

Full time elf
Baf05 said:

I would like to upgrade, but wonder if I should just wait until the new release next year....

You assume they won't.. Email Reggie at the link in the announcement and inquire about being able to upgrade for a discount.

Alan

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
I wonder if I will get to upgrade for free later this year if I bought into this now ?
What do you guys think

-Blu

Baf05

Full time elf
If you have advanced already, and wish to upgrade to Pro, I would recomend a quick email to Reggie. ;)

vincerules

Full time elf
I emailed him, but haven't gotten a reply. :(

How long did it take for him to reply to you guys?

arw01

Full time elf
Reggie has been pretty fast, normally no more than a day. I have to check on an open project I have going with him to find some of the missing training docs from the website.

Alan

vincerules

Full time elf
Thanks. I got my reply a little bit ago.

I don't know if I was expecting more but I don't seem to be as excited as you guys.

Thanks for the heads up anyways

Baf05

Full time elf
Don't get me wrong, I am not overly excited; it does seem a little unfair to expect early adopters to fork out more to upgrade, when they are giving new customers the upgraded product for what we already paid…. (given the issues with the program a free upgrade for sticking with the program, should not really be out of the question)

But that is business, and they need to pay bills I guess.

What could potentially hurt is forking out again when the complete rebuild comes out….

Time will tell.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Baf05 said:
Don't get me wrong, I am not overly excited; it does seem a little unfair to expect early adopters to fork out more to upgrade, when they are giving new customers the upgraded product for what we already paid…. (given the issues with the program a free upgrade for sticking with the program, should not really be out of the question)

But that is business, and they need to pay bills I guess.

What could potentially hurt is forking out again when the complete rebuild comes out….

Time will tell.

Unfortunatly this is the way sales work even though you may feel left out, but we deal with these scenarios all the time with most things we buy.
For example if buy a car today and tomorrow the same car is on sale offering alloy wheels and such that was payed for as extras then thats just the way it is. i cant expect to get a discount because i bought it at a time when there was no sale.

Sales are normally done to help promote new business and bring in new users.

Its just the way sales work, but im glad at least some discount is being offered.