LSP Scheduler Error

Jimbo

Full time elf
Bit annoyed again.

I downloaded scheduler and installed. When I open it nothing woks.

When I close it I get this error

An unexpected error occurred.

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

COuld not load file or assembly "System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e,Retargetable=YES'orone of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT:0x80131047)

To be honest, I am pretty disappointed that there are these issues still. I downloaded the file form the site and installed it and get this.

I have uninstalled and installed several times. I thought scheduler was supposed to be stable? I now don't know if my whole show is in jeopardy, because I have no idea how to fix this.

I like the features of LSP, but seriously, there are some real bugs with this program that need addressing.

What am I meant to do with the above error?

Benslights

Dedicated elf
what windows are you using???

I have lsp 64 bit scheduler and sequencer working on my computer with no issue

dale82

Senior elf
I have lsp 64 bit scheduler and sequencer working on both of my computers with no issue at all.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I looks like you may have a windows problem and not an LSP problem. Is it an up to date version of windows.

Jimbo

Full time elf
Pretty sure it is.

I don't have automatic updates on cause the updates just make the computer Run slower. But surely if sequencer works then scheduler would to

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
they are 2 very different programs so not really a good assumption

Jimbo

Full time elf
Well my computer has the recommended specs that light show pro says to have.

My windows is upto date in relation to when scheduler was released so in all fairness I think it is not wrong to assume this.

Its great no one else is having issues. But that doesn't help me in my present situation. The version of scheduler i downloaded was uploaded at the begining of september. Is everyone else using this version?

All other programs on my computer work fine. No issues at all. All issues I have had have been with LSP, so from my perspective its an LSP issue

Benslights

Dedicated elf
well I have just installed the latest version and registered it here no trouble at all.

scheduler%2034625.JPG

I would say with your installing and uninstalling you have a file that is hanging around that is causing issues. not LSP itself

logandc99

Dedicated elf
I am having trouble with the scheduler also. I recently had to uninstall the program as one of the LSP service processes was spontaneously starting up and running a song from last years show. I re-downloaded the scheduler and reinstalled it but when it starts it won't progress to show the calendar and endlessly shows the circular dots going round and round. This was an error occurring last year and from memory there was a folder that gets left on the computer even after the scheduler is uninstalled that needs to be deleted before reinstall but I've forgotten which that is.

Whilst appreciate that this error doesn't always effect everyone, it was certainly a known bug last year and it is disappointing that it hasn't been addressed.

Jimbo

Full time elf
That's great it installs on your machine.

But I have an error when I do on mine. So now I have to delete LSP sequencer and . heduler again and all folders to see if that works.

All I have done is download both direct and installed them and have this issue.

I have not modified or changed any of the folders in anyway. So again I am saying there is bug somewhere. Why would i have a file hanging Around in there causing this issue when I did not place it there or make any modifications to any file structure? LSP did this.

It seems that because I appear to be having this issue and no one else that its not LSP fault but mine. I don't hate LSP. I do like the program. However because I am having these problems no one else has had ( or .maybe they did and have a work a round) that I am the bad guy here for pointing this out.

Again I have multiple programs including adobe ae and the works. Everything works first go installed. lap has not been stable.

So what do I do? I am happy it works for everyone else. I download it.and get the above error message.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Just out of curiosity have you put a post over at the LSP forum because i find many make a post here about issues but never think to post at the best place that has the developers visit and thats the LSP forum.
The issue you are talking about needs to be looked at by the developers because its an issue that many have not had in the past and one i have no experience with.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
I was in no way suggesting you are the bad guy. I was agreeing with you that there are bugs in the scheduler program and expressed my disappointment that they have not been addressed by the developers. I agree that a program should just install without problems or need for a work around.
I was not sure wether you were doing a clean install or a reinstall but was merely pointing out that I also am having problems with the scheduler and that the bugs present do not always effect everyone the same way. As I was doing a reinstall, I am presuming I am being plagued by last years bug and was merely making a suggestion as to how you might be able to solve the issue. As you are doing a clean install, I assume the bug you are experiencing is different and certainly needs some input from the developers. Perhaps drop them an email describing the issue you are having as they may be able to solve it and ensure it doesn't happen again in further updates. I will be going back through the forum topics from last year to try and solve the problem I am having but hope the problems get addressed once and for all so we don't have to faf around with workarounds.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
It great to post issues here, but that should only be secondary to placing a post over at the LSP forum as well so to maximize your chance of getting the issue resolved.