LSP Scheduler Stops Outputting Data to ECG - Anyone Else?

dmoore

Senior elf
For the two nights that I have been running the scheduler, after about 2 hours the LSP scheduler stops outputting data. The scheduler itself doesn't lockup - it still outputs the audio and the scrolling bar at the bottom continues to follow the length of the song but the ECG just doesn't get any output. Here is what I've done to troubleshoot:

* Checked the ECG status screen, which responded fine. The slaves didn't show overruns or other issues.
* Unplugged the ECG power and powered it back up, while the scheduler was "hung" - no change.
* Checked the log files but didn't see anything in today's log

Yet to be tested:
* Waiting for LSP it to "hang" again, then I will run the TP3244 test output to ensure that the ECG is not the one that is really hung up.

Anyone that has any experience with running the scheduler with ECG output (mine has 6 universes), please let me know if you did anything special or if you've had problems with the scheduler.

Thanks,
David

dmoore

Senior elf
Hmm.. that didn't take long. So I restarted the LSP scheduler and it picked back up and ran the show and then about 15 minutes later it stopped outputting. So while it was no longer outputting, I used the TP3244 test program to see that the problem wasn't with the ECG and it confirmed that it was working. So it appears the issue is with LSP.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I ran my show for 5 days without a hitch then lastnight after i made a small change and rebuilt the show in the scheduler i had to restart the show twice in the scheduler due to bad output. I do have a new E1.31 output file to test tonight and ill try rebuilding my scheduled show again and hope it wont appear again.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
there was still output to the RPM dongle and the output for the e1.31 was only random with a few pixels or channels coming on

riri7707

Full time elf
I used LSP now since Sunday with ECG (1 universe only for moment)
Waiting for the TP flickering solution to add my pixels :)
and Wireless DMX TX/RX rear the ECG ( Lynx wireless V2) ...
For moment i just had Problems on starting Scheduler who doesn't starts between Day and Night, but i suspected a bad programming of LSP scheduler as for some reason it didn't want to memory the real and good daily hours.

Program it again yesterday and works this morning.... I just see now the right hours for next show, so hope it will works this evening.

But for sure LPS scheduler have some Problems, not easy to be sure what we program reflect really what he will do.

My only reference now to see if the show runs is to see the green lights on RJ45 out port from ECG blinking when the show goes on. (4 hours during the evening and 3 hours morning). But never had stucks once the show was start until end)

To survey....

Henri

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Last night i redone my sequence in the scheduler and didnt see any issues. I made sure I rebooted the computer and made sure I had no crap running in the background and disabled my antivirus.

dmoore

Senior elf
I had output stop again this evening, about 2 hours into the show, though with the updates that David made to LSP the audio stopped instead of continuing to output. I've logged this issue and David is working toward a solution.

Mike

CLAP infected!
I found with my sequences that I had to load the standard sequence file not the optimised file.

With the optimised file on the new version for some reason it blows the file right up to nearly 10x the size of the standard and didnt want to load.

Went back to the older version and everything is now ok running the standards.

I open them in the sequencer first then optimise then save. Then I loaded them into the sheduler and then it optimises them again and saves them in the sheduler file. Havent had a problem since. Show runs for 3 1/2 hrs a night.