LSP still in business?

Benslights

Dedicated elf
kaden

I believe that it is up to LSP if they want to give a update licence of 2.8 to Bill.

as it would be with lor doing the same with one of there users. as you would know as a LOR user.

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Kaden said:
May I suggest providing a 2.8 license to Bill in this instance as a sorry for messing up the support and to renew his confidence in the product and company?

While a great idea, I certainly am NOT looking for anything for free. I am more than willing to pay for 2.8 IF I can get my valid 2.5 "bought and paid for" version running first!
All I really want is to be able to install the license and get going with the software as we all know how quickly the holiday season will creep up on us!!!

Now if anyone wants to buy me a boatload of pixels to build a pixel tree and outline the house - I'm all open arms for that one! LOL

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
kaden

I believe that it is up to LSP if they want to give a update licence of 2.8 to Bill.

as it would be with lor doing the same with one of there users. as you would know as a LOR user.

I am a LSP 2.8 license owner (and under maintenance) and will probably be using it this year as long as it is stable. I used LOR as I couldn't rely on LSP at the time - which I now believe it is fine. I was merely offering a simple (possibly cost free) way of effectively saying sorry to a customer for a mistake. I know it is up to Minleon what they chose to do, I just hope(d) they would/will make some sort of restitution.

Of course I am now reading this thinking I could be coming across as a cranky, entitled, rude ACL member which I certainly don't want to or mean to be :)

Kaden

YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
lol all good Kaden

I was reading back thinking the same about my post

LOL awwwwwww *group hug*

I just feel for Bill, I too wish I was able to be sequencing by now, but in my case it is not LSPs fault.

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Kaden said:
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
lol all good Kaden

I was reading back thinking the same about my post

LOL awwwwwww *group hug*

I just feel for Bill, I too wish I was able to be sequencing by now, but in my case it is not LSPs fault.

Thanks for the thoughts, I appreciate them for sure!
It is just pretty much "another day in the life" kind of thing though and you take it in stride and hopefully don't lose too much hair during the process! :eek:

The overall process of setting up a new"er" computer with Windows 7, all my programs for the shows, music, LOR, LSP, Sony movie studio, and the other little bells and whistles has caused me enough hair pulling to last for a long time as it is. :D

I will be glad when I get all of it done and can just sequence with LSP and know that my shows will run under it without worry. Had to go through all this when I first set up LOR but that went fairly smoothly so this is just another step with things.
I have some strings of pixels and a J1Sys P2 sitting on a bench behind me here and hanging over it to test out with sequencing as they are the next step in the "evolution" of my display or me. I really can't wait to get some pixel strings running out in the yard to see the wild new things that you get from an LED that can make any color rather than the simple "one color" strings that I am running now! Should be quite a new experience for me as well as for the folks who stop to see the display.

Bill

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Well the "drama" of this thread is finally at an end it seems!!! WHEW!

LSP was kind enough to give me an update to the 2.8 version of the software for the troubles and we finally got the license straightened out so all is calm and good to go for now.
I hope to get started on converting one of my LOR sequences over to LSP soon to see how it will work. Then I will get them all converted and start new ones in LSP and maybe with some luck a few pixels as well if I can swing buying some for this year!

Kaden

That restores some of my faith in the company, I am glad it got sorted out (and you got an upgrade).

arw01

Full time elf
Yeah... Was just working on beat tracking a small piece of this is halloween yesterday and using the "windows" command to put comments in as to what i want to do with it when I sequence it latter.

I right click in that area, choose insert windows command and type echo "maybe bring the lights up full here"

that way the command will not cause any issues if LSP tries to run it, and I have a visual reminder or what I was thinking days, weeks, even months later.

Good way to leave yourself some notes of things you want to fix or add next year when you are not in the holiday crush!

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Looks like they are starting to get on top of the licenses now. I got a new one returned to me in 4 hours.

hi all
purchased lsp pro july 30, paypal transaction went ok, but nothing form minleon, no email, no product in the mail? is this normal?

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
July was a long time ago Sean. I would send an email has something has been lost somewhere.
That was also around the time the team had some change overs.
Send a quick email and I'm sure it'll get sorted for you.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Lights for Cindy (sean) said:
hi all
purchased lsp pro july 30, paypal transaction went ok, but nothing form minleon, no email, no product in the mail? is this normal?

Send me your details you registered with and I will look into it. You should have recieved your licence via email usually within 24 hours, so any more than a few days then you should be asking whats going on.

Check your spam mail as well in case it ended up in there.