LSP Timing Marks

mick8248

Full time elf
Is it possible to completely hide the timing marks of inactive layers so that only the active layer marks are visible? I have some areas of my sequences with so many timing marks that it gets very confusing.

burner

Full time elf
I was trying to do the same thing, but had no luck. At some points with random incorrect pasting, I've ended up with leterally hundreds of timing marks in some area's, and some were only noticeable after zooming in. I must say the copy/paste function in LSP doesn't really work as well as any other program I've seen.
The only thing I seem to be doing these days is a lot of CTRL-Z's from bad pastes. Sometimes it depends on exactly were you click in the timing mark that will determine how the items are pasted.

The best way I've found is to play with the first 2 ticks after you click paste. The first one will paste nicely most of the time, when you want it to snap to an existing timing mark. The 2nd one will paste exactly how it was copied from where ever you click. In all options, I now tend to CTRL zoom almost to the full amount before I click paste, just so I can double check if my results come out as expected.

mick8248

Full time elf
Thx Burner, I, like you have numerous marks in some areas, by the time you have some transitions, a mega tree, some mini trees and a matrix doing something at the same time the number of timing marks are huge. Then when you try to do some manual stuff over the top of them get the right marks becomes pretty random. Have been using the timing colours but if they line up with another mark they just disappear to grey. maybe we are going about it the wrong way, I have watched most of the tutorials but they only seem to show simple timings.

dpitts

Apprentice elf
Well at least we all agree timings marks are a pain. I would like to have option to use fixed timings. Where if you select that option all other timings disappear except a defined set of fixed timing marks.

mick8248

Full time elf
That would be one way around the issue, I like the idea of being able to turn on and off the timings per layer. I seem to have trouble getting LSP to select the section I want when there are lots of marks sometimes it works fine other times it's hit and miss

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Have you guys used the different coloured timing marks which can be selected on the tab to the right of the output button. Using this allows you to disregard the other timings and only focus on the coloured timing you are using.

mick8248

Full time elf
Ed have used the coloured timing marks but I still randomly have trouble getting LSP to select them especially if they line up with a previous timing on another layer as they seem to disappear (become grey).

jediknight2

Full time elf
The problem with the timing marks is there isn't a ONE way to delete a timing mark...with my thinking if I have a timing mark highlighted it should delete ONLY that mark, not ones on either side. I haven't found a good way to delete the timing mark I WANT to delete without removing others with it...

mick8248

Full time elf
If you right click on a timing mark then select "Remove Time Interval" then it should delete, I have found that it works sometimes but not others.