LSP To Projector Help

djohnson1810

Apprentice elf
Hello everyone. I am hoping to get some help with LSP and also possibly some opinions on if this is the software for me to use.
This is my 4th year of this crazy hobby. I have always been a LOR person and have only dabbled with some dmx (dumb pixel strips and floods).
This year I have really bit off more than I can chew. I purchased a BenQ wide throw projector to add video to my show and also 10 strands of DC12V WS2811 LED technicolor pixel’s from Ray Wu.
So this year I am learning video editing, projection, smart pixels as well as controllers and E1.31.
The video projection works great with my S3 advanced but the editing of smart pixels and the frustration of having to add individual smart pixels to the visualizer has me searching for new software.
I have looked at Vixen, which I really like, but it can’t do video projection. I thought maybe I could just do the sequencing in Vixen and then export it to LOR, but the new .TIM extension that Vixen uses does not seem to have a way to convert it to LOR. I tried using Nutcracker also for the conversion but it seems they do not have a TIM to LMS converter either.
Light Show Pro seemed interesting but expensive. I have the Light Show Pro Demo 2.8 which allows 30 seconds of output, but I can’t get it to display my video. . I inserted the video under the audio file as instructed to do in the tutorial (LightShow Pro Tutorial : Using the MediaClips Track), but I do not get any output to my projector. I have tried going to the Configuration tab and played with the Video Monitor settings (switching it from 0 to 1 as well as Force Video Display). It does not put a 0 or 1 on either my computer monitor or projector when I change the Display number. The video is an mp4.
I also thought of doing my sequencing in LSP and exporting it as a LOR, but that function is disabled in the Demo version and I hate to pay for the program and then find out that the export does not work well.
Soooo, my first question is what am I doing wrong in LSP. Why won’t the video play? Second, does anyone have a software suggestion that will work well with video projection as well as a decent sequencer for smart pixels?
Here is a little of my hardware/software info:
OPTIPLEX 740 Desktop Computer
Windows 7 Ultimate
4 GB Ram
AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core Processor 2.20 GHZ
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
BenQ HDMI Projector connected via HDMI

arw01

Full time elf
I am pretty sure that the video output is turned off in the demo version as well.

But it still is unclear what the real limitations are on the program.

There is a sale going on LSP this month if you buy advanced you get professional if I recall.

Have you checked the Falcon Pi Player? It can output video so you might work around your issues that way.

I look at the investment in software as a very small percentage of this hobby, the power of LSP is impressive once you learn it.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Hi DJohnson,

Welcome to ACL.

I have used video output on LSP for the past 2 years and it does work. However if you have a version of LSP that only outputs a few seconds in demo then you have an old copy as the new release doesn't expire and won't output at all.
With saying that Nut cracker will import seamlessly into the new LSP but the process for this isn't at all like LOR.

djohnson1810

Apprentice elf
Thanks. I just downloaded the LSP demo today. Not sure how I got an older version.

Everything will probably work fine once I get the paid version. I just wish I could see it for myself before plunking down the money.

Thanks for the quick answers.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
The only issues i have come across with the video is I had to start it in the time line 1/2 a second or whatever it had to be to get it synced up perfectly.