LSP & using 64bit OS with 64bit KLite codec pack improvements

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Many of you may have not seen a thread over at the LSP forums regarding the benifits of using the 64bit KLite codec pack, so i thought i would mention it here.

If you run windows 64bit, then by downloading the klite 64bit codec pack you should see improvements in transition and macros effects generation. And your ready for LSP 64bit when it arrives shortly which will improve performance with no memory issues.

burner

Full time elf
Thanks for that info Fast Eddy, can you tell me if I will need to uninstall the 32bit version first, or will they run side by side? Last time I tried with the previous version (with only 64-bit), LSP seemed to bomb out for me saying no codec was installed.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
A 64 bit OS needs the codecs (which are 32 bit) and the 64 bit extension which adds a few 64 bit unique items. Some people have been able to get by with just the 32 bit codec pack (my laptop is like that), but others, including my desktop PC need the 64 bit addon as well.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
burner said:
Thanks for that info Fast Eddy, can you tell me if I will need to uninstall the 32bit version first, or will they run side by side? Last time I tried with the previous version (with only 64-bit), LSP seemed to bomb out for me saying no codec was installed.
You do not have to remove the 32bit codecs, the 64bit codecs will exist with the 32bit codecs together.