LSP won't load my sequence

Jimbo

Full time elf
HI,

Pretty frustrated with LSP at the moment. For some reason of late, the actual program would not open. I have done a complete fresh install, but now it won't load my sequence file. It comes up with "There was a problem loading this sequence".

I am now concerned on whether I have lost about 3 months worth of programming. I had 2 backup copies of the file (I load one onto dropbox and copy another copy onto a usb harddrive). Both of these come up with the same error. Ever since I purchased the new license and downloaded the updated version (which I had to, to activate my license) it has been a lot more unstable and moody.

I have an i7 4470K, with 8 gig ram. If anyone has any ideas as to what may be causing this please let me know.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Hi Jimbo,
Give this a try for your sequence.
In the default sequence folder where you are saving your sequence you should see a *.BAK file of the sequences.

EG = Christmas_Song.msq_080214_23446.bak

these are progressive files saved by LSP. In order to use them Simply delete the last part of the file name to make it a *.MSQ file and try to open that one.

Christmas_Song.msq

Hope you get some result out of that

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
When you say a complete uninstall do you mean your just using the uninstall program or do you also delete the folder manually as well and start fresh.
I would try uninstalling and then deleting the folder (make sure you back up any saved effects) and then reinstalling fresh.

Jimbo

Full time elf
Well I found a saved copy of the file on a usb stick of the version I saved 2 sessions ago. For some reason that loaded OK. So I just finished redoing where I was up to.

When I did the reinstall I did delete the folder. When I don't delete it, after install LSP doesn't open.

Thanks superman for telling me about the backup. I looked at those and couldn't work how to load them. So I know for next time.

For some reason when this occurs, whatever was the latest ver
sion of the sequence gets corrupted and yeah. Not sure why this is. I have deleted the anti virus program and taken the computer off the net for now to see if this helps.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Just right click the backup file and hit rename. delete everything after.msq or ASQ if it's an Animation file

arw01

Full time elf
in settings you can adjust how often and how many backups it keeps too..

I might have corrupted one last year, but I progressively save too on top of the backups because I don't know if something I might do messes up what I had. At significant milestones in my progress I make a backup and change the name of the file.

e.g. I will have one that is just the beat timing marks, then I might do one with some chasses, and another with a series of macros all building up to the final.

i13

Dedicated elf
Superman's suggestion will only work if you have the file extensions shown. How to get them to show depends on your operating system but it generally isn't hard to do.