Lynx SSR4 conversion to 240V?????? Any success stories?

battle79

Full time elf
Hello & Merry Christmas All,

Has anyone used or had sucess converting and using a Lynx Express or SSR4 in australia????

Getting a copy or the firmware for the PICs that is 50Hz compatable and wondering about what transformer to throw at the SSR4 to change it over?? (resistors change from 180 to 330 Ohm is straight forward)

Mainly interested because they are fully DMX and about 1/5th the price of LOR.

Cheers,
Rowan

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Hi Rowan,

I have been using Lynx Express in NZ for the last 3 years, 2 of them with the wireless option on the board. They have worked flawlessly for me on my 230v roplelight trees etc. They are reasonably priced when a coup runs and easy enough to assemble.

I did buy some kits for the SSR4 but the bad news with these is that no firmware is available for 50Hz, I have asked around but have not had any replies about this, the transformers for these are also a problem to obtain.

Kev :)

riri7707

Full time elf
Hi kevr,
I have from my side also some SSR4 too, not usable because the firmware and 110v transformers.
For the transformers, at MOUSER i think it's easy to find similar equivalent model in 220v.
But for the firmware never found it. As far as i remember i read some members got a beta firmware, but impossibile to get it and the author doesn't wants to devellop for it.
So if some one have it , it will be appreciated.

battle79

Full time elf
Thanks for info,

Yea, RJ has no intention to write 50Hz firmware for the SSR4. Asked him the other day. On a possitive note got two Expresses ordered including the aussie resistors and should get them when the current coop wraps up.

Not sure I need the wireless for the DMX anymore as its mostly just to run the icicles and the rope lights. Everything else seems to mysteriously be slated to get pixels. Looks like I got my work cut out sequencing this year!

Cheers,
Rowan