Lytnin's 2016 Shows

lytnin

Full time elf
Thanks John.

As discussed in PM I've attached the XLights sequence and necessary files (no mp3).

If anybody else wants to use it feel free.

Mine was inspired by the great work of Logan.

Cheers
Dave

Attachments

• Lytnin - trolls -no mp3.zip
    1 MB · Views: 18

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Well I have had a bit of a play with trolls and I like the effects, especially of the disco ball. One problem I'm having though is how do I direct the face on the tree to F drive? I copied a line from the sequence checker to find the errors.
ERR: Face effect image file not found 'F:\xmas\XLights Data\Media\images\trolls\branch-blue\Branch-WQ.gif'. Model 'Mega Tree', Start 2:43.275

gerry

Senior elf
bbayjohn said:
Well I have had a bit of a play with trolls and I like the effects, especially of the disco ball. One problem I'm having though is how do I direct the face on the tree to F drive? I copied a line from the sequence checker to find the errors.
ERR: Face effect image file not found 'F:\xmas\XLights Data\Media\images\trolls\branch-blue\Branch-WQ.gif'. Model 'Mega Tree', Start 2:43.275

You can open the xml file using an editor such as Notepad++ (or any other one) and then do a find and replace to point all the image locations to wherever you have placed them.

Or, I think that if the images are placed in a subdirectory to the show directory , then xlights will still find them.

lytnin

Full time elf
John,
As Gerry said, edit the XML directly to change the folder is the simplest way for the face images.
The file you need to change is XLIGHTS_RGBEFFECTS.XML

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]All other images are listed in the sequence XML.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]WORD OF WARNING.[/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Unzip all imports into a separate directory to your own. Otherwise your layouts will be overwritten.
[/font]
Alternatively for the Mega Tree,
1) Go into the LAYOUT tab
2) Click on the 'Mega Tree' Model 3/4 the way down the list (not the 'A- Mega Tree' group near the top)
3) Click on the FACES field in the properties window below and then the box to the right of the edit field
- this will open the FACE DEFINITON window
4) Change all the image locations for EYES OPEN and EYES CLOSED (not all CLOSED fields are used)
5) Repeat #4 for ALL the faces listed in NAME at the top
6) When done click OK
7) Click SAVE at the bottom (**IMPORTANT)
8.)Render all