Madrix - info from users?

JonB256

Full time elf
mrpackethead, you mention using Madrix. Anyone else?

I've downloaded the software to run in Demo mode but haven't installed it yet.

Anyone care to describe its benefits? (I know it's expensive, so don't elaborate on that!)

Thanks. JonB

neilric99

Full time elf
Madrix is a commercial professional grade software that allows for easy control of rgb matrix and other stage/concert lighting fixtures.

What Madrix allows you do to is layer multiple images, transisions, video sources and effects in 2 engines which can be merged to the output which can be via DVI, DMX, ACN, Art-net etc, depending which license you have.

One of the many features is that it can apply FX from external sources such as audio and video input, midi, dmx,art-net and many more sources.

Madrix is like buying Adobe products for your graphics and video work, it is pro grade.

There are other products like Madrix such as Arkaos mediamaster/led mapper, and most lighting consoles such as Grandma, hog, magicQ and Hippo have ways of doing what Madrix does. Madrix does have a benefit in that it is at the low end costwise.

Look at it this way, if you want to create your video and graphics to the next level you would be definitly be looking at Adobe CS4 suites which cost into the $1000 range, that is the same that Madrix can do for your lighting and media.

Neil

JonB256

Full time elf
Thanks, Neil. I did load and run Madrix. I didn't get very far but will spend more time later.

I understand the Adobe CS references. I have owned both Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Premiere Elements. There is a big jump in features and performance between the two.