Matrix Animator

David_K

Full time elf
Hi, Can anyone please tell me why the matrix animator will only add white squares when creating frames? I have encountered this issue before but for the life of me I cannot remember how to correct this issue or find a solution.

dale82

Senior elf
Have you tried clicking on the White on the left hand side and changing the colour from white to a different colour?

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Another common gotcha if you draw the matrix too small for the amount of pixels you have.
If the pixels are overlapping in the drawn LSP can't map to the proper location of the individual pixel.

arw01

Full time elf
Sounds like they have got you in good shape from the answers, the color in the matrix animator can be changed in the same manner as any other effect in LSP. And above the color is the different effects you can apply to that pixel.

For my porcupine balls I custom drew a "matrix" and can set the individual pixels to twinkle and any color I want so I have them changing color at each point along their "chase".

It would be nice if you could click and drag in there, maybe next version!

David_K

Full time elf
Hi Guys
Thanks for the suggestions, I am aware of how to change the color it just refuses to change but then alas you open the software and it will suddenly work. I have had so many problems with this software that it is far from funny,it alone basically cruelled any chance of running our show last year.

At the moment it will be a miracle if this years show is up and running due to the constant problems I am having with light show pro.

We did have a list of problems written out but we seem to have lost it. I am at a loss as to why there are so many problems with this paid for software, I asked for help from LSP last year but got none. I dont like coming on here and complaining but we spent over 2k last year on hardware only to be at the mercy of the software.

All I can do is ask you good people for help as problems occur and hope for a solution. Like the error I have attached to this message, it occurs when I try to insert a saved animation into the matrix animator. I get this message and a large red cross in the animator. Sometimes it will close the entire program.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• lsp error m.png
    lsp error m.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 14

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
This error is caused because you are trying to insert an animation that you created using another grid and now you are trying to insert this into a grid that doesnt match.

When asaving and reusing animations then you must use the correct animation file for the appropriate grid, so if you drew the animation using a grid of 10 x 10 and then tried to use that animation in a grid 20 x 20 then it will give this error because the animation file has missing information

If you created a animation at 20 x 20 and then used this for a 10 x 10 grid then this will work

David_K

Full time elf
Thanks Eddy I did come across that when I started out by trial and error not sure what was causing the problem but it sorted itself out, I have much bigger problems as I posted in the lights forum, starting to wonder if all this stress is worth it :p