Matrix Nightmare

jlewiscoleman

New elf
Hello, I am new to this thread and in need of some major help. I have tried to set up my matrix in multiple different ways with little to no success. I have 42 rows of 24 lights starting at the bottom right running 24 right to left then back down. I have a total of 1008 RGB nodes on my 25 x 42 matrix mesh. If I set the info in Xlights, with 24 columns by 42 rows as the manual suggests it's just a scrambled mess. I have my Falcon 16V3 controller set to start on channel 2051 and the start channel in xlights to the same. I can run a test in Xlights, FPP, or on the controller and all the lights work, but when I try to run a sequence it's a mess and colors are not correct. I can provide photos of anything you need to help me correct this issue. Thank you in advance for your help!!!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL
Can you post the settings that you have for the first 5 settings for the matrix setup in Xlights. Direction, strings etc.
The format of the Xlights setup may not exactly match the manual as there has been changes. #strings refers to the number of physical outputs on your pixel controller. Nodes per string is the number of pixels on each of those outputs. Strands per string is basically how many times it zig zags.
Colour issues can be the rgb order which can be fixed in Xlights or the controller.