Matrix "Tune To" Sign

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
So I had a thought (mostly from Eddy's Matrix)....

Using 1x 2811 32IC/m Strip, I could fold it 8 times to make an 8x20 Matrix. (for $72)

I could then sequence that matrix to animate messages, such as "Tune to XX.XXFM".

The sign wouldn't be that big (around 60cm x 25cm) but that might have impact as it is animated.

-- OR --

Using 2 or 3x 2811 10IC/m Strip, I could do similar resolution (folding 2 or 3 times) but much bigger (for $72 or $108).

Both will be the same effective resolution and cost close enough to each other to be do-able.

What do you think?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I think that a matrix would look good but with 15 letters to do I don't think you've got enough pixels to show the 15 characters required without constant scrolling. The spaces must be allowed for unless you you change the spacing to the allow for the gaps between words. If you allow for the gaps between the words then scrolling text wouldn't look right. I am also a little bit dubious as to whether you have enough resolution to make the letter and numbers clear.
Mock the thing up with the visualiser and see if the text is clear is probably the best bet.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Personally if i was going to build a tune to sign as a matrix then i would be looking at the 32IC per metre strip so you can get a decent resolution.

My larger matrix is made up of 4 strips for a 12 x 16 resolution, it only allows for scrolling text

My smaller matrix is a 5 x 10 which is 1 strip of 10IC/m, so if i used something like 2 of the 32IC/m strip i would be able to get a 10 x 32 matrix which is 1 metre in length, which will enable you to put across some decent messages and effects

anyway just some thoughts

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
So the general consensus is more resolution is required and I should be looking at least 2 universes of pixels.