Maybe you guys can give me an idea for this project...??

raymondclow

New elf
Im not sure why i couldn't rotate the images but i think you guys have an idea. I bought these trees at a local store and took of the strings and just tried this DIY to try it out...it was with things i had laying around but i was wondering if anyone here had any ideas of how i can make it better especially with the topper since its just a piece of wood. I do have a 3d printer but im not good at all with designing stuff. I have 3 of these with this one being the smallest one and the large one 7-8 feet. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
20211204_111144-jpg.19073
20211204_111139.jpg

Attachments

• 20211204_111144.jpg
    20211204_111144.jpg
    636.9 KB · Views: 14

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
My recommendation would be to start over. If you have a 3D printer I would recommend printing the topper. Take a look on thingiverse. I found several with searching "mini tree topper". I saw this mini tree build on Facebook. Pretty nice design
tree.png

Dr.Venture

New elf
Not sure what else you would want to do. You got yourself a "mega" tree right there. proportional strands of pixels in a semi-circle fashion at standard spacing. Model that up in xLights and you are good to go. The only thing else would be to put star toppers on them.

raymondclow

New elf
true...i mean it's all about how it looks at night. I think i've seen tree toppers on thingy verse but since im not savvy in that way i would have issues making it fit to the top since it's a very thin tube. either way i just wanted to see if other's had tips or tricks from their experiences . I really appreciate the help. always a good forum for information.