Meanwell's Use Of Power Supplies, Recommendation

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
heathwithnoteeth said:
hmmm... will have to think about it then. I will see if i can make sacrifices elsewhere to justify it. I do appreciate the input though. thx

For DIY in reality you don't need to go to this level because if a power supply was to fail then the cost of labour is minimal because you will fix it yourself. In a commercial world labour can be the most expensive part of a job and as such need high quality parts to minimise any call backs.

If doing DIY then Rays power supplies do the trick, I would just make sure you keep a spare of 2 and at that price then that shouldn't be too difficult

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
heathwithnoteeth said:
would the base model mean well be much better than the ray wu ones? cheers

Yes they will be better as long as you don't get a clone as there are plenty of SE models out there that are meanwell clones

multicast

Senior elf
Powergate.. (Now sager) are about the cheapest price for Meanwell on the planet, Yes, they are based in teh USA, but even with shipping they work out pretty damn economic. They will sell you 1 if you want, and you can just order on line..

https://power.sager.com/hrp-450-12-2525674.html $111.00 USD

thanks for the link multicast!

are the IP rated ones worthwhile getting? or is it better to get a 'normal' one and put it in an enclosure...
gonna need to put the F16v2 in an enclosure anyway

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
The injustice! It's a slippery slope, first NZ gets preferential postage from USA, next thing we know the $NZ will be at parity with the $AUD.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
multicast said:
Powergate.. (Now sager) are about the cheapest price for Meanwell on the planet, Yes, they are based in teh USA, but even with shipping they work out pretty damn economic. They will sell you 1 if you want, and you can just order on line..

https://power.sager.com/hrp-450-12-2525674.html $111.00 USD

that's a great price, but unfortunately would not have C-Tick or SAA approval for Australia which for DIY is no big issue.

whoooa....

I just got the shipping quote for 4 supplies, [SIZE=small]$230.00 usd[/SIZE]
[/size]
[/size][SIZE=small]now that blows the whole savings out of the water :([/SIZE]