Mega Tree 3D from one side

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
I am working on my new layout after the move. My mega tree is made of 22 x 5m pixel strips (30 pixels/m) with the strips taped onto 20mm PVC Tube.
Now my tree will only be seen from one side. Was still thinking of doing a 360 or 270 tree but facing all the strips to the front. Base of tree will be about 3.6m dia.

Anyone done this?

Or maybe I start again and use pixel nodes cable tied to strands and use the pre-made strips as garden boarders.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I personally would only use strips for a 2D tree.
I would never be happy with the way the strip was facing on a 3D one be it 360 or 270.

mborg10

Michael Borg
superman said:
I personally would only use strips for a 2D tree.
I would never be happy with the way the strip was facing on a 3D one be it 360 or 270.
I agree with Steve. Strips work great for 2d ray trees and nodes for 360 trees. Attaching strip to conduit can give you a straight roof/house/window outline.

gerry

Senior elf
nzlongfellow said:
Now my tree will only be seen from one side. Was still thinking of doing a 360 or 270 tree but facing all the strips to the front.
I may be missing something here. What exactly did you mean by 'from one side' ? Did you mean the front only or the front and side ie why the qn re 270/360 (rather than 180 or flat) ?

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
gerry said:
nzlongfellow said:
Now my tree will only be seen from one side. Was still thinking of doing a 360 or 270 tree but facing all the strips to the front.
I may be missing something here. What exactly did you mean by 'from one side' ? Did you mean the front only or the front and side ie why the qn re 270/360 (rather than 180 or flat) ?
Hi Gerry, was trying to retain a 3D effect.
My original design was to be seen only from the front on an indoor stage in a theatre and lowered onto the stage by the counter-weight system so was a fan style layout.
Might just return to the style and leave it static.
Thanks everyone.