Mega Tree Base/Pole ideas - hard floor

Jameski911

New elf
Hi Guys

First display this year and am building a new house that finishes mid-year.

Difficult to explain but there will be part of a balcony between the patio and pool that is 3x3m and has no roof. I would like to put my mega tree here.

The issue is that the floor is outdoor tiles, so I can use a 6ft trampoline base, but wanted to find out has anyone had any experience with mega trees on hard flooring (that is, where you cant sink a pole or pegs into the ground to secure? height of the tree should be around 2.5m @ 50 x 2" space x 24 strands. I was thinking of going 60 lights just to get a bit more height over the roof line!

Thanks and looking forward to being part of this community.

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
Umbrella stand? Might need to hunt around for an appropriate one. The most important part is to make sure the top is secure so it can't blow over. You may also want some way to secure the base to the umbrella stand so it doesn't blow around in the wind.

MichaelF5

Apprentice elf
I don't suppose you could get away with a very tiny hole in the grout between the tiles for something to hold the base in place and then attach a suitable amount of thin guy wires from the top to ensure it stays where you left it?

Jameski911

New elf
Umbrella stand? Might need to hunt around for an appropriate one. The most important part is to make sure the top is secure so it can't blow over. You may also want some way to secure the base to the umbrella stand so it doesn't blow around in the wind.
Thanks that's a good idea. I will have gutters on 2 sides and glass pool fence posts on the other 2, so I could secure the top to those.

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Since you are having the house built, ask if they could put reinforced mounting plates on the outer edges of the flooring that connects to the sub structure. This would give you a way to anchor the base to the floor also. You could technically use a portable hole for the base once it is secured.

Dean

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
I second the portable hole idea from @Indigogyre. 2.5m tree is pretty small with a solid base I see no need for guy wires. I had 6m tree with a beefed up portable hole with no issues. Megabase.JPG