Mega tree pixel clips

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I got a mate to design me up 2 pixel clips to be used for mega trees. The clips are designed especially to fit over some black polyester wire that I have lots of. The wire is lovely stuff as it's designed for grapevines and is UV stable and incredibly strong but also very hard to stick to. So far I've had mixed success sticking to the wire. I used rubber glue, super glue, liquid nails, normal silicon and none of them came close to sticking it. What did stick it was Dow Corning 732 Silastic. Plumbers glue also worked pretty well as well.
The 2 varieties of the clip are designed to glue onto the 2.2mm polyester wire at accurate spacing with a standard 12mm diameter pixel node clipping into it. The 2nd clip has an experimental retainer for controlling where the wires run. Unfortunately the mate is a 3D noob and the test prints he did for me ended up being a lot bulkier than they were meant to be (2.7mm wall thickness compared to the 2mm design) so until he gains some skill I just have to live in hope and keep getting him to print me out fresh ones when he's feeling generous.

Attachments

• Polyester wire.jpg
    Polyester wire.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Clip1.png
    Clip1.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Clip2.png
    Clip2.png
    17 KB · Views: 16
  • Clips.zip
    104 KB · Views: 13