Mega Tree Pixel Strip Ideas?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
At 18mm wide and needing 10mm holes there's not going to be a real lot of meat left on the edges.

jamesski

Apprentice elf
Photo%2026-5-19%2C%203%2044%2012%20pm.png
Apparently Troy is getting sent more

View: https://www.dropbox.com/s/huuzh5qphusq9ud/Photo%2026-5-19%2C%203%2044%2012%20pm.png?dl=0

Hi Guy's, I manufactured the strips for myself, I had a local plastic outfit cut 1/16" Polycarbonate sheet into 28mm wide strips 2.4 metres long, then drilled12mm holes in a jig at 65mm spacing to fit the Pixels I purchased from China. For my application, my Mega tree, I required 75 Pixels per strip, so I overlapped the the joints three holes and pop riveted the overlap in three places using a 1/8" galvanised washer on the back to stop the rivet from splitting the strip. I then spray-painted the strip black before installing the Pixels. They are held on the tree at the top with a length of small diameter PVC rope with a cleat to adjust the height, while at the bottom they are held down with small diameter "Bungy cord", actually cord from the inside of fiberglass tent poles. I can post pics if anyone is interested :) There is thumbnail pic of the tree on my signature pic, 180 degree, 24 strips x 75 Pixels high. The cost for the Polycarb sheet and cutting was around $160.00 (NZ) with very little delay in acquiring them.

Dane Wright

New elf
I used this strapping for my 16x75 mega tree, as Alan said, not a lot of meat after you drill out the holes. Had a couple tear during some strong wind but easy to fix. I haven’t used the proper Boscoyo strip so can’t compare. I’m happy to keep using it for some new mini mega trees this year - I have a few rolls left over.