Mega tree Question

Aaaron Loveday

New elf
?? Guidance on spacing for pixels??
I have 4m high mega tree with a ground radius of 3m. How many strings do I need and how many pixels per string? This mega tree will also be only 1m away from spectators with a 180 degree viewing point. Please see below image. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSC_0083.JPG
    DSC_0083.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 23

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The number and spacing is dependent on personal preference and what you want to put on the tree. With viewing from that close you're probably only going to get effects showing nicely rather than images.
Do you want to do the tree with strip or nodes?
If it's nodes then will you be doing it with loose nodes or in Boscoyo type strip.
If Boscoyo type strip then 2" or 3" spacing is pretty typical for vertical spacing.
The horizontal spacing can either be selected based on the typical sort of arbitrary number of strings of 32 or else match the number of strings so that you get some sort of relationship between horizontal and vertical spacing halfway up the tree.

tooms

12v4life
also be only 1m away from spectators with a 180 degree viewing point.

I think this will be way too close, maybe instead of a mega tree a series of mini tree's might look better at the close viewing distance, I basically need to go and stand across the road to appreciate my 4m high 16 string x 100 pixel per string tree..

Roosta

Full time elf
Look at Wendys mega tree.. His sizing and viewing distance is similar and came out pretty great..

Mine is strip, just over 180degree, 20 x 4m strips, 2m wide at the base 50cm wide at the top..

1m is pretty close as a viewing area, is there also viewing from further away?

If there is then i would stick with a big tree, if there isnt then i would be considering compressing the tree down in height, but increase the density and number of strings to increase the viewing resolution..