Mega Tree Top Plate - options

Johnnyboy

Full time elf
Hi,
I have been trying to locate a local option for a 64hole steel topper. So far what I can find is sold out, might just be Christmas period being over, but looking for options.

Where is everyone purchasing them from, looking internationally the shipping is crazy expensive. Any locally?

I thought about designing one in CAD and getting it laser cut, but no ideal what the cost for something like that.

There is always the option of just buying some steel, cutting it round with angle grinder and drilling some holes.

thoughts?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
I have one of @BooY's small (48 hole) toppers but he does have the 64 hole units.

Worked great for my tree.

brando

Full time elf
Paul @ lightitupLEDs made some last year. I can't seem to see it on his website but you might be able to ask him.

I spoke to Paul last week, the metal fab guy they used has gone out of business and they haven't found a replacement for him

KStatefan

New elf
I drew mine up and cut it on the laser at work. You would have to find a job shop with a laser to cut it for you. I do not know how common that is around you. Some places do not like cutting single pieces and will price it very high to discourage you.

Pavle

Rank updated… 2 season veteran
As mentioned above, you pretty much have 2 options - purchase ready to go from one of the local suppliers listed or draw up your own and get an engineering / metal workshop to cut it for you. Just one from left field, I used 6mm aluminum plate for mine - it's way easier to cut than steel and depending on how large your tree is, it's more than capable of doing the job. I was able to use a CNC to cut it out by just getting the correct cutting tool.