Megatree Pole Base

480hsv

New elf
Hi All.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or have used a retractable clothesline base to sit their pole in?

I plan on building a 180 degree tree with 16 stands of 50 pixels so wont be too high and have a trampoline base for securing the strands. The height of the tree will be approx 3 meters.
Was thinking on different options for the pole base and stumbled across this. Im ok with concreting it in as it can be easily hidden when not being used and seems to have a decent diameter to fit a pole.. I dont plan on fitting any winch etc.

Last edited:

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
Sounds like a good idea, I would for sure concrete around and below (so the pole doesn't break through the bottom) to keep any movement to a minimum as well as add stability seeing as it is made of plastic.

480hsv

New elf
Sounds like a good idea, I would for sure concrete around and below (so the pole doesn't break through the bottom) to keep any movement to a minimum as well as add stability seeing as it is made of plastic.
absolutely agree. Needs to be concreted all the way around. However the bottom has a small hole which allows water to drain if it gets in