• 24-25 June

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 1-2 July

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
It's Mini planning season so starting the thread of interest, but the main task is to secure a venue. No venue = no mini, plain and simple.

So whilst we await confirmation of availability of last year's venue (Sandringham College Theatre) if anyone else has access to or leads on a venue that is cheap or preferably free on a weekend in May-July please let us know here.

Please cast your vote of your preferred weekend in the poll above.

Many hands make light work and these events are for everyone's benefit so if you are able to follow up catering options, vendor/sponsor prizes/donations, topics to present, workshops to run then please make yourselves known in this thread.

SarahD

Mersey Christmas Lights, maker and breaker
It's Mini planning season so starting the thread of interest, but the main task is to secure a venue. No venue = no mini, plain and simple.

So whilst we await confirmation of availability of last year's venue (Sandringham College Theatre) if anyone else has access to or leads on a venue that is cheap or preferably free on a weekend in May-July please let us know here.

Please cast your vote of your preferred weekend in the poll above.

Many hands make light work and these events are for everyone's benefit so if you are able to follow up catering options, vendor/sponsor prizes/donations, topics to present, workshops to run then please make yourselves known in this thread.
Happy to talk on the power/pi/sound obscure bug that nearly killed my show last year, and the learnings from it. I’m also building a 3D narnia lamp in neon flex and dumb pixels if that’s of interest.
Would love it someone has done the FPP jukebox feature and was willing to share how it worked.

I’d prefer a later date if possible - I’m taking advantage of the off season to get a new knee this week. Going to take a while to get back on my feet, and will make show setup much easier this year!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
At this stage I have no preference in weekend so haven't voted. Would love to get down to the mini again. I'd have a preference for a site in the northern/north eastern suburbs. Anything up to 160km to the NE of CBD is good.

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
At this stage I have no preference in weekend so haven't voted. Would love to get down to the mini again. I'd have a preference for a site in the northern/north eastern suburbs. Anything up to 160km to the NE of CBD is good.
Noted but likely ignored 😜

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Poll updated for multiple votes for date

Grozzy

Oh great, the idiot's back
Happy to talk/workshop push buttons and GPIO triggers (Wings etc) if it's of interest, However not available to attend the last two dates.

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
I'm looking forward to this and should be able to be available for any of those dates (although I don't love the last one). With a bunch of people offering talks - I'd be happy to do something on 3D printing.. and also to try and coordinate a schedule.

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Mikey has been extremly busy with work and has not had a recent chance to catchup with the school to confirm exact dates.
However the positive news is the school no longer hires out the theatre externally, meaning there will be higher chance of it being available for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.