Melbourne/Vic Melbourne Mini 2012: June 2-3

tuppet

Apprentice elf
Re: Australian Melbourne Mini 2012: June 2-3

As the end of December approaches and we start to think about how to pack up our displays and what we want to do in 2012 I thought it might be a good time to start thinking about content for the Melbourne Mini.

For the new members, the mid year get together is a great opportunity to ask questions and see what other peple are doing. Better yet, you now have the opportunity to make sure the content covers all those topics which are confusing for you and for other people starting out in this hobby.

For example, based on what I've seen around the forum I think a session on various waterproofing ideas would be helpful and since so many people have unique solutions it would be great to hear and see what everyone has tried (with or without success).

So what would you like to learn about in 2012?

Christmas on Clarafield

Full time elf
As long as I can get time off work (damn hospitality working weekends) I will be there.

Being so new to this there is so much to learn and a lot that I dont even realise what I need to know yet but a few things that would help me are:

Planning, design and layout for a display
Sequencing
The forgotten hardware requirements (cables / connectors / etc) and where to get it at a reasonable price

Hopefully this will be a start anyway

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
At this stage I'll probably be down for at least 1 of the days. As the schedule and my schedule gets finalised I'll know whether i can make it to both or not. I'll probably bring along some show and tell stuff as i found that pretty interesting last year.

Robbo

Full time elf
at this stage put me down.....I'm not sure what my schedule will be like in June but hopefully all good ;-)

Henedce

Apprentice elf
Marking on my calender now . Would love to meet everyone and gleem ideas as well as input with my limited knowledge.

cscool36

Full time elf
Hi
Looking for a nice place to stay. Close to the venue.
Is the City East Motel ok to stay in??

Thanks
Colin

tuppet

Apprentice elf
Things have been pretty quiet on here but it is time to get the ball rolling:

1. I'm guessing that the attendees list on the wiki is not terribly accurate - I'm sure I've heard more than 8 people say they plan to come along. So, if your name is not on the list yet, go ahead and add it or post here and I'll make sure it is listed.

2. We still need some more ideas for presentations/discussions. We can repeat some topics from last year if people found them useful - just make sure you let me know what you are interested in hearing about, we want to make sure we have enough to entertain the hardened CLAP sufferers and the newbies alike. No topic is too simple or too difficult (so long as we can find someone who can lead the discussion).

3. on that note... feel free to volunteer to present on a pet topic, or to chat about your own show (we know how much we enjoyed Geoff's presentation last year). All volunteers welcome.

finally, to Colin, sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. We've had a couple of guys stay in the Motel and they weren't keen to go back, but it's a bed in a room so if that's all you're after it's fine. Otherwise you could look around Carlton or in the City (we have pretty good PT in abbotsford).

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Put me down as a "Possible" but that depends on other things, such as if Bliink happens (Less likely now), and other attendees.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I'll be keen to attend and put some faces to names and share stories. I'm at the lower scale of CLAP enthusiest, so pixels, strips, coro & all that jazz (whilst very interesting) is not where my display is at for this year. Simple LSP controlling 1x 16ch LOR box is where I'm at.

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
I'd have to side with Graham.
I'd also like to see some sequencing in LSP.
Even maybe a step by step on whats involved to do a complete song from zero to inclusion in a show.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
There's not too many names down yet. This is worthwhile attending for anyone who can be there. Tuppet will soon be wanting to get info on who can talk about or demonstrate what. Lets get some numbers up so that it is worthwhile for everyone. There is some chance that the event may be streamed and/or recorded.