• Another Date in May?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometime in April

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I have not had confirmation yet of the free hall in Hampton Park.
However, I have locked in (but no obligation if changed) the Cranbourne Scout Hall. It can easily fit 30+ people and all our blinky gear. There are some tables and chairs but I can bring some extra if needed worst case. Toilets in the building as well as a kitchen with fridge, stove, urns etc (walking distance to Maccas, Dominos and other food outlets.) Also a carpark out front can hold a few cars, and only short walk from train station & bus stops.
http://www.cranbournescouts.org.au/hall-hire.html
The cost? Should be about $25 per hour. So if 9-5 on both Sat & Sun (total 16 hrs) that is a cost of $400 for the weekend. If 25 people attend that's only $16 per person for both days - BARGAIN!
Looking at the SA thread it seems we've been pipped at the post for 19/20 May weekend, so can I suggest moving to the following weekend of 26/27 May?

if there are any objections please advise, otherwise I'll look to lock this in properly within the next few days.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
So I've just checked the ACL calendar and 26/27 May is NSW Mini. We don't like to clash with other states as some members like to attend multiple minis (CLAP!)
Late April is taken by QLD minis so that leaves June 2nd & 3rd as next nearest date.
Again if no major objections to this date and above location within the next few days I will launch topic discussion thread and update wiki pages accordingly.

AntinOz

Apprentice elf
Well, I definitely wouldn't have any excuse not to attend. Happy with the date and that would be about a 10 minute drive for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.