Melbourne/Vic Melbourne Mini 2019 Dates

Preferred Date to attend

• May 25th-26th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • June 8th-9th (Monday 10th Queen's Bday public holiday)

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • June 22-23rd

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi All.

We are still trying to find a half-decent venue to suit our needs but at a low cost so we don't have to charge a fortune to all members to attend.
Due to (lack of) availability of some venues we've found and clashes with other state Minis, please vote your preferred date in the above poll, so we can get an idea of when Victorian's will actually be available to attend. This will help us also determine numbers who are looking to attend. If too small then it may just be a backyard BBQ type event...
Interstate members who are considering to attend, could I also please get your feedback too.

Robbo

Full time elf
can only vote once? I voted May, but can also do June 22/23 the long weekend is a definite no for me, I'll be in Ballarat for a basketball tournament with my kids

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
MAYBE going from interstate. June long weekend might be better as an extra day for travel. I've actually booked a theater ticket that weekend, but haven't paid for it yet so could cancel. But either of the other weekends are OK too... if we go

burnt

Full time elf
I can do must dates... just need book holidays from work for the mini weekend

abundy

Full time elf
I can make either june date.
I have checked out some rooms at manningham council in doncaster.
There is a 20 person room (2 rooms with a divider that can be opened up) with seating/tables/overhead wifi etc.that can be rented out.
It is above the library which is open on the weekends so access is no problems.
Once final numbers are available, if required i can check availability and figure out costs.

Robbo

Full time elf
okay it seems we may be close to having a venue, we have got in contact with monash council and looking at a couple of their venues that are available on the 22nd/23rd june, seeing as that is the option most have voted for, have asked to inspect the venues early next week, should be able to finalise booking upon inspection

Robbo

Full time elf

cdjazman

Full time elf

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
We will get the official forum thread started later today and will also update the Wiki so stay tuned.
We're aiming to keep it same as last year ($20 for the weekend) if we can but we need to do some sums first.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
What's the car parking like there? It looks like there may be about a 10 car carpark adjacent that hopefully we have access to.

Robbo

Full time elf
yes that carpark is accessible for us, I would say at least 12 cars, possibly more with a couple spots in front of the building for those who need to unload large or several items ;-)

Reactions: AAH
Status
Not open for further replies.