Melbourne/Vic Melbourne Mini 2022 interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
So since the other states have started it - is there interest in having a Melbourne Mini this year? It seems like we’re not likely to wind up with more too many more lockdowns (at least before the election) - so we might have a chance to get it off the ground.

last year I think @mikey had a Potential location that could host. Is that still going to be available? Or do we need to look for a new location?

james_o100

New elf
If location can be sorted, and date options are given, I could definitely be interested :)

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I'm interested in a Melb Mini too, take 5 I think now?!

I've had a chat with Mikey and he is confirming the school venue availability over the coming months and we'll choose a date from there.

As per usual I'm putting the call out to the community to assist in organising and running this event, the more the merrier and the easier for all when workload is shared.

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
I’d be happy enough to present a first year retrospective type presentation. And/or maybe something small on WLED?

and I’m happy to turn up early and help move furniture/etc under directions. As someone who’s never been to a mini before - I’m not sure I’d be much good beyond that.

abundy

Full time elf
Interested and willing to help in any way.
If we struggle for a venue i can look at booking one of the rooms at the manningham coucil in doncaster, but they get booked up quickly.
Hopefully we can put on a mini this year.

SarahD

Mersey Christmas Lights, maker and breaker
I’ve started up during lockdowns and have never been to a mini. I’d love to come, and happy to help.

I think my setup is a little different to most as I run off a wifi raspberry pi network. If that’s of interest, I’m happy to talk about it.

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Both myself & Mikey have been quite busy with work & life recently but rest assured we have not forgotten, hoping to be able to advise confirmed date over the coming days, stay tuned :)

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Closing this thread as the official RSVP thread is now open here:

Status
Not open for further replies.